Account Services Administrator
Account Services Administrator, Lisburn, Temporary
Hours of work: Monday - Friday 9am- 5pm (36.25 hrs pw)
Rate of pay: £10.35 ph
Client: Local Public body based in Lisburn
The role: To process payments and income in an efficient, effective, accurate and timely manner and in compliance with legislation, financial instructions, scheme of delegation, policies, procedures and best practice. To contribute as an integral member of the Finance team to the provision of a modern, professional and responsive Financial Services to support the vision and mission of the organisation as outlined below:
1. To process payments and income in an efficient, effective, accurate and timely manner and in compliance with legislation, financial instructions, scheme of delegation, policies, procedures and best practice.
2. To assist as required in the preparation of internal and statutory returns to ensure compliance with legislation, financial instructions, scheme of delegation, policies, procedures and best practice.
3. To operate within the control framework in place within the department.
4. To assist with end of month and end of year accounts procedures to support the preparation of the financial and management accounts and other statutory returns.
5. To assist the Senior Accounts Services Administrator to implement internal and external audit recommendations and assist as required with the provision of information to internal and external auditors
6. To assist with the set up and transmission of BACS payments as required.
7. To liaise with other departments across the organisation to follow up outstanding invoices and resolve queries to ensure timely payment.
8. To assist with the preparation of reports to monitor relevant performance indicators in relation to the accounts services team.
9. To maintain supplier records including up to date bank details in compliance with policies, procedures and best practice.
10. To assist as required in the recording and reporting of fraud or potential fraud in line with policy to ensure compliance with the National Fraud Initiative.
11. To administer lodgements to the bank account, including physical delivery to the bank.
12. To provide ad-hoc financial management information as required including; extraction and calculation of figures and the creation of documents using software packages such as MS Excel or Access, etc.
13. To assist with the reconciliation of the bank balance including the monitoring of outstanding cheques and liaising with the bank regarding charges and ad hoc queries.
14. To assist as required with information regarding Assembly questions and requests under the Freedom of Information Act.
15. To assist in the continual development of accounts payable processes, analysis and reporting mechanisms and control processes.
1. Possess a minimum of 5 GCSEs at 'A', 'B', or 'C' grades or equivalent (including English Language and Mathematics).
2. Have a minimum of two years' experience working in an Accounts Office environment to include:
a) processing payments and income; and
b) working with a computerised accounts package.
3. Can demonstrate:
a) effective planning, organisation, prioritising skills and attention to detail and the ability to work individually or as a team member;
b) effective communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to provide timely and accurate information;
c) a customer service orientation.
4. Competent in the use of Windows and other Microsoft applications
1. Hold or be working towards a membership of an Accounting Body i.e. CCAB or AAT/ATI
2. Experience of working in the public sector
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.