£23,000 - £24,500
Grafton Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Permanent Accounts Technician to join their long standing client. This is an excellent opportunity to join their busy Finance Team at their Office in Newtownabbey.
To work as part of the Finance Team to process income and expenditure in the finance systems in an accurate and timely manner. To perform monthly reconciliations for appropriate control accounts each month and to follow up any reconciling items. To assist the finance manager with internal and external customer reporting as required.
- Process, code and poste to Opera, all income and expenditure correctly in line with finance procedures, including, Preparation of month end journals and Assist Finance Managers with internal department reports and management accounts.
- Reconcile all monthly control accounts at month end and forward to the Finance Manager for review.
- Maintain electronic Purchase Order System ensuring that all expenditure has been properly incurred and that adequate documentation is in place, that budget and expenditure is allocated and coded correctly
- Perform reconciliation of VAT control accounts and returns to HMRC on a quarterly basis
- Assist with preparation of Annual Budgets & Budget Re-forecasts as required
- Work with other departments as required for the development of systems or processes
- Provide cover for payroll department including submission of statutory returns
- Supervision of staff
- Represent finance department on Cross Departmental groups
- Undertake any other duties that might reasonably be required by the Finance Manager as required
Hours of Work: Full-Time 37.5 hours per week or Part Time (minimum 30 hours per week), Monday to Friday
- Qualified Accounting Technician (or Equivalent)
- Three year's relevant experience working in a busy finance office
- Experience of completing financial reconciliations.
- Experience of electronic purchase order/invoicing systems
- Excellent computer skills (databases, spreadsheets, word-processing, e-mail and internet).
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to prioritise and manage multiple workloads.
- Be able to work as part of a team
- A systematic approach to work and experience in finance systems
- Supervisory experience
- Experience working in a Charity
- Experience of using Opera
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
Please attach your CV for consideration for the attention of Leah McPeake
*** Please note that if you do not meet the essential criteria you will not be considered***