Accountant (1 year with possible extension)
Accountant (Qualified or Part Qualified) required for role in Enniskillen town within the Public Sector. This full time role(37.5 hours weekly) will begin asap initially for 1 year with a possible extension after this.
Candidate should meet the following eligibility criteria:
Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAI) with an ADDITIONAL minimum of at least 1 year's experience in a similar role.
Part Qualified Accountant (ACA,ACCA,CIMA,ICAI) with an ADDITIONAL minimum of at least three years experience in a similar role
Candidate should be able to demonstrate experience of
- Preparation of both management and year end accounts, producing VAT returns, preparing for audits, using a computerised accounts package and experience supervising staff.
- Evidence of communicating with a range of stakeholders
- Proficient in the use of IT, including Microsoft packages such as Excel, Word etc.
- Effective organisational skills with the proven ability to prioritise and manage workloads to meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyse data and produce relevant accurate reports.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible approach with a focus on service and performance
- Produce management reports and maintain budget control through regular contact with budget holders
- Prepare budgets in consultation with budget holders and Senior Management Team
- Assist in the planning and preparation of the draft Annual Accounts preparing supporting papers as required
- Supervise the Administrators ensuring the smooth running of the day to day workload.
- Ensure all work is completed on time and is adequately resourced
- Assist the Project Accountant in the maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register and preparation of relevant papers for the Annual Accounts
- Provide support to the Project Accountant in relation to updating valuations for Assets
- Oversee the regulatory aspects of the Finance function ie VAT, RCT, payroll deductions
- Ensure financial policies and procedures are kept up to date and are followed
- Ensure an adequate system of internal control is operated for the prevention, detection and investigation of irregularities including fraud and corruption.
- Provide information as required by Sponsor Departments
- Co-ordinate responses to enquires
- Enhance current systems and implement new systems as required from time to time providing training, updating procedures and policies to achieve efficiency's and improved business practices.