This regional Natural Gas firm has been supplying their 70,000 clients with industry leading services across Northern Ireland for over 25 years.
Staffline Specialist Recruitment is supporting the business to recruit an Accountant to operate from their Antrim office on a 12 month contract.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Accountant to gain experience within this unique sector. The role has opened up to provide cover for an internal move to a project. If you are interested in finding out more, send your CV to me in confidence.
- Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accountant will be responsible for supporting the Financial Controller and the finance team in the development and maintenance of the organisation's financial information systems, ensuring compliance with corporate governance and statutory legislation.
- Additionally, the post holder will participate in the delivery of up to date, relevant financial information reporting systems and facilitating in the timely and accurate measurement of business performance against appropriate key performance indicators.
- Assist the Financial Controller with the preparation of monthly management accounts, including gross margin analysis, operating expenses, balance sheet reconciliations and capex reporting.
- Provision of monthly Ml information tailored to individual departments, including supporting budget holders and providing financial analysis.
- Provide financial support to the wider business in the areas of business cases for new business opportunities, tenders and complex billing queries.
- Assist with operational queries including insurance.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of the annual budget process and reforecasting.
- Assist in the modelling of cash flows forecasts and banking funding requirements over short and longer term.
- Analyse and prepare banking interest calculations for the group including monitoring and reporting banking covenant compliance.
- Support the Financial Controller and wider business in the roll out of its more complex procurement needs.
- Degree educated (finance or business related) and a fully qualified member of the CAl/ICAEW/CIMA or ACCA (Part qualified will be given consideration dependent on stage of exams and level of experience).
- Previous experience within a financial environment is essential.
- Advanced PC skills, particularly Excel, capable of structured analysis of data, and presentation of results across operational levels.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a strong commitment to customer service.
- Well organised, with proven time management skills and the ability to handle multiple requests simultaneously.
- Proven ability to work at all levels within an organisation, creating and maintaining good working relationships.
- Knowledge of Sage Online 200
- £37,000+ (DOE and level).
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Private medical insurance.
- Life Assurance.
- Other employee benefits.
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.