Experienced Accountant required for permanent role based in Enniskillen Town
Salary : £34,197 - £35,860
Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAI) and at least 2 years' experience in a similar role
Part-qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAI) and at least 3 years' experience in a similar role
- Experience in the preparation of both management and year end accounts, preparing for audits, using a computerised accounts package and experience supervising staff.
- Strong technical, numerical, excel and word skills with the ability to analyse and report financial information efficiently.
- Ability to analyse data and produce relevant accurate reports.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels including senior management.
- Proficient in the use of IT, including Microsoft packages such as Excel, Word etc.
- A high degree of self-motivation and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work to manage deadlines often to tight timescales.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Flexible approach with a focus on service and performance
- Experience of working in two jurisdictions
- Familiar with payroll and procurement legislation in each
- Previous experience of working in the public sector
- Produce management reports and variance analysis and maintain budget control through regular contact with budget holders engaging in the use of digital technology
- Prepare budgets and scenario planning in consultation with budget holders, line management and Senior Management Team
- Assist in the planning and preparation of the draft Annual Accounts preparing supporting papers as required
- Ensure all work is completed on time and is adequately resourced
- Assist the Project Accountant in the maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register and preparation of relevant papers for the Annual Accounts. Contribute to enhanced systems and processes being implemented
- Provide support to the Project Accountant in relation to updating valuations for Operational Heritage Assets
- Support business case preparation where required
- Support the administration and management of claims for third party funding, liaising with relevant staff and co-ordinating and submitting relevant paperwork
- Ensure financial policies and procedures are kept up to date where necessary
- Support an adequate system of internal control is operated for the prevention, detection and investigation of irregularities including fraud and corruption.
- Provide reports, returns and financial information as required by Sponsor Departments and external stakeholders
- Co-ordinate responses to PQ's and AQ's
- Enhance current systems and implement new systems as required, providing training, establishing KPI's, updating procedures and policies to achieve efficiencies and improved business practices.
Why use Staffline?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. As an established and trusted recruitment agency, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.