Staffline is pleased to be working in partnership with Tax Assit Accountants, Ballymena Branch.
TaxAssist Accountants are a national network of accountants across the UK delivering accounting and tax services to independent business owners. Each accountant is dedicated to providing the support your business needs, here in Ballymena and withing Northern Ireland.
About the role
We are seeking an Accountant Technician, Salary £19,000-£24,000
Ideally practice experience, to join our growing and ambitious accountancy practices. We require a confident, motivated professional to help us continue to deliver an outstanding service to our clients. The successful applicant will be required to take responsibility for their tasks and responsibilities. They will receive ongoing development and skills-based training, through in-house, coaching, courses and technical updates. We also part fund professional qualifications, depending on commitment and work ethic, to help them progress to a qualified accountant if they wish to do so.
- Bookkeeping and preparation of monthly management accounts,
- VAT returns and preparation of CIS using accounting packages such as QuickBooks, Sage, KashFlow, Xero etc. (training will be given where required)
- Preparation and submission of Self-Assessment Returns Assisting with preparation of year-end accounts and tax computations for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Completion of monthly and weekly payrolls including RTI submission
- Client correspondence, assisting clients with various queries as well as communicating with HMRC as and when required
- Ensuring clients are invoiced in accordance with work carried out
- Ad hoc administrative and client tasks
Skills and Qualities Required:
- Ideally previous experience within an accountancy practice
- Part qualified / qualified by experience
- Confident in using a range of software packages and able to adapt to various accounting platforms such as: QuickBooks, SAGE, Xero, Brightpay, Practice Ignition and TaxCalc
- Able to effectively work on automated bookkeeping/data entry platforms such as Receipt Bank and Autoentry
- Strong attention to detail and ability to process information accurately
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Proactive in the role and demonstrates relentless and effective follow through to completion of the task
- Ability to manage own workload and work both independently and as part of the team
- Strong communication skills and professional at all times with clients and colleagues
- Positive attitude, commitment and enjoys being part of a team
Please contact Katrina at Staffline - email@example.com or 07425623023