Accounts Assistant - School Term Working Hours
At Staffline Recruitment we are currently working on behalf of a secondary school based in South Dublin who are seeking to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper to take up a permanent position as a key member of their finance function.
This role will involve working 8.30am - 4.30pm with up to 8 weeks of annual leave available to take at times of standardised school the successful closures.
Reporting directly to the Principal, the successful candidate will provide financial administrative support to maintain the efficient organisation of the school's accounts function.
Key day to day responsibilities will include the following:
- Data entry to accounts package to include entering suppliers Invoices and reconciliation of creditors balances to statements, entering of bank payments and receipts and monthly bank reconciliations
- Processing of payment run on the schools online banking account
- Reconciliation of all Balance Sheet figures and preparation of control accounts
- Analysis of all Income and Expenditure Account figures
- Preparation of monthly reports for board of management
- Preparation of accounts to trial balance stage and liaising with the external school accountant at the year end
- Preparation of other financial reports as requested by the Principal
- Operation of VAT & RCT as per Revenue requirements
- Process the Payroll on a timely and accurate basis of weekly and monthly payments
- Submit statutory returns to the Revenue Commissioners for payroll, VAT and RCT
- Assist the Principal with the preparation of the draft school budget
- Campus Maintenance, Service Contracts and insurance
- Inventory register, cap ex, service contracts, insurance maintenance, DE payroll returns and leave entitlements
- Attendance at finance meetings of all 3 entities with financial reports as listed by FSSU or required by DTT
Interested applicants will meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of three years experience working in a busy accounting/bookkeeping position
- Fully qualified Accounting Technician or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of Sage accounting software
- Excellent level of numerical and analytical skills
- Experience of business online banking and processing payment runs.
- Experience in the software packages, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Be receptive and willing to upskill
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A high degree of discretion and ability to work with sensitive and confidential data
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please send an up to date version of yiru cv for review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link.
This role will offer salary in the region of €30,000 - €40,000, depending on experience and hours worked. Part-time hours may be considered, depending on experience. Immediate interviews will be held for suitable applicants.
For further information or to discuss in confidence, call Laura directly on 086 1409232.