Accounts Officer (Band 3)
The Client: Local Healthcare body based in Omagh, serving local residents.
- Record and analyse all transactions accurately, supported by appropriately authorised primary documentation in accordance with the Trust's Standing Financial Instructions, internal financial procedures and statutory reporting requirements laid down by the DHSSPS, covering all types of payments which come through the Retained Finance Function eg petty cash reimbursements, for any appropriate verification by other team members.
- Ensures that all invoices / accounts / payments which come through Retained Finance Office or are to be actioned on efin are processed accurately and timely.
- Process all petty cash reimbursements on a timely basis
- Liaise with PALS in relation to orders, deliveries, prices etc and develop and maintain an appropriate knowledge of PALS and Trust procurement policies and procedures
- Prepare appropriate spreadsheets for upload to efin
- Process any manual / urgent payment requests requiring manual cheque /BACS / urgent cheques which come through the office.
- Review particular accounts to ensure invoices have been workflowed to approvers
- Follow-up with budget-holders where there are delays in approving invoices
- Preparing any necessary journals
- Assist in dealing with written correspondence from Suppliers in relation to unpaid invoices and in monitoring all "old" invoices and ensuring the expedition of payment.
- Assist in selective checking of invoices.
- Assist senior staff in the provision of reporting information.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and annual journals for input and posting to General Ledger as required
- Assist in the preparation of Annual Accounts.
- Assist in supporting other areas within the Retained Finance function eg in income, processing PP1s and other requests for invoices to be raised, complete appropriate paperwork for reimbursement to consultants;
- Provide a cash office function as part of a team.
Hours of work: 37.5 hrs per week
- 5 GCSE's at Grades A-C including English Language & Maths/Accounts or equivalent/higher qualification AND 1 years' experience in a finance role, OR 3 years experience in a finance role.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office Product Word or equivalent
- Rates of pay £10.09 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.