Perform accounting and clerical duties related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
· Assemble, review, and verify invoices and payment requests.
· Flag and clarify any unusual or questionable invoice items or prices.
· Sort, code, and match invoices
· Set invoices up for payment.
· Enter and upload invoices into system.
· Track expenses and process expense reports
· Prepare electronic transfers and payments.
· Prepare and perform cheque runs.
· Post transactions to journals, ledgers, and other records
· Reconcile accounts payable transactions.
· Prepare analysis of accounts.
· Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
· Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
· Maintain vendor files.
· Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
· Produce monthly reports.
· Assist with month end closing.
· Provide supporting documentation for audits.
· Maintain accurate historical records.
· Maintain confidentiality of organizational information.
Education and Experience
· Knowledge of accounts payable
· Knowledge of general accounting procedures
· Knowledge of relevant accounting software (such as Sage Line 200)
· Proficient in data entry and management
· 1-3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience.
Key Accounts Payable Skills and Competencies
· Organizing and prioritizing
· Communication skills
· Vendor relationship skills
· Information management skills
· Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
· Professional integrity
· Ability to meet deadlines.
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.