The Accounts/Office Administrator will play an important role in ensuring the efficient and effective running of the company. Supporting the Managing Director in dealing primarily with the company's accounting and finance functions whilst also providing essential welcome. They will also assist in managing the reception area where they will meet and greet visitors to the office. This role requires a discreet individual who can maintain the confidentiality of the information they are exposed to
- Bank monies received on the day of receipt. Ensure client funds are paid promptly along with other disbursements recovered
- Check accuracy of items to be billed including professional fees and raise bill of costs. Check accuracy of client ledgers is zero after distributing funds accordingly.
- Enter creditor invoices and check goods received - chasing all outstanding invoices. Reconcile creditor statements and pay by due date
- Reconcile ICOS account. Reconcile all client, office, and credit card accounts.
- Identify BACS payments received on a daily basis
- Post anticipated disbursements onto client records
- When required post Journals and Regular payments at month end
- Opening and closing of period's / financial year
- Help complete VAT returns
- Assist with credit control by chasing any outstanding payments on a monthly basis
- Help in the development of new and existing accounts processes.
- Communicate with Managing Director any issues affecting the meeting of department priorities or deadlines.
- Aim to answer all calls within the relevant set quality standards
- Providing effective switchboard and reception area communication to staff and clients
- Effective maintenance of filing and record keeping
- Assist meeting room users with connecting devices to screens if required
- Manage the booking of Meeting rooms if required
- Effective liaison with suppliers and service providers
- Demonstrable relevant experience in an accounts function with Evidence of a relevant Accounts Qualification (IATI, Relevant Degree with Accounts Modules or Equivalent)
- 3 years demonstrable experience in an accounts function in a similar role
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment with the ability to build business relationships and demonstrate excellent sales and customer service skills
- Demonstrable experience of working in a busy office environment with excellent time management skills, organisation skills, the ability to prioritise work, meet deadlines, work calmly under pressure, and have persistent application to the tasks in hand
- Excellent Communication Skills in English (interpersonal, listening, written and oral)
- A flexible approach to work to meet the needs of the business and the role
- Excellent IT Skills with proven experience in Microsoft Packages and Accounting Systems
- A friendly, positive, enthusiastic, and professional character
- Experience of accounts for a legal practice
- Sage Accounts Experience
- Experience of software packages used by legal practices
Hours of employment:
37.5 hours per week (Monday - Friday 8.45am- 5.15pm)
Competitive based on experience
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up-to-date CV by clicking the button.