Accounts Supervisor - Antrim - £14.63ph - 37hpw
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB GENERAL ROLE:
As a member of the Financial Services team the Accounts Supervisor will be expected to contribute to the delivery of the Financial Services Business Plan.
SPECIFIC ROLE: Manage a team of accounting staff and maintain and develop the accounting procedures to ensure the efficient functioning of the debtors and creditors systems and the internal control system in the Accounts Section.
Supervise and manage the day to day function of the accounts processing team. Manage the performance of staff and provide training in the systems and procedures of the section.
Supervise and assist the accounts processing team to carry out the full range of functions within the accounts section including:
- Processing creditors' payments, to include payment by BACS, cheques, direct debits, credit cards, and entries in appropriate records.
- Receipting all monies received in the Finance Section.
- Maintenance of debtors registers.
- Prepare income returns for computerised integrated accounting system, reconciliation of income returns to Council's bank accounts and posting cash transfers.
Ensure that accounts data is correctly inputted and processed to meet established deadlines.
Organise the allocation of tasks within the Accounts Section, determine priorities and planning of work and resource needs to ensure that processing deadlines and targets are met.
Maintain and control the accounting procedures including verification of all accounts for payment, control and recovery of monies due to the Council, liaison with officers in other departments to ensure efficient operation of the accounting systems.
Review, recommend and participate in the implementation of any modification to the financial systems (accounts).
Maintain an accounting manual covering in detail the accounting systems, procedures and controls in the accounts processing section.
Ensure timely completion and accurate submission of returns to the Inland Revenue including:
* Income Tax (Section 53 and 54 ICTA 1970) - deductions of income tax on interest relative to land vested.
* Non resident entertainers and sportsmen.
* Section 16, 18A(1), 18A(2) and 19 TMA 1970.
Ensure preparation of creditor payments analysis for appropriate Committee meeting.
Monitor expenditure on Council credit cards to ensure compliance with agreed procedures and correct accounting treatment.
A minimum of a relevant third level qualification to have included accounting modules eg IATI, HNC/D Business & Finance or Accounting.
A minimum of 3* years work experience within a computerised accruals accounting environment, in a supervisory capacity *If relevant qualification is not held, a minimum of 5 years work experience within a computerised accruals accounting environment, in a supervisor capacity. Applicants will be required to work towards gaining a relevant accounting qualification e.g. IATI
- Experience in the use of accounting software package(s), Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access