Admin Assistant (Band 3)
Admin Assistant (Band 3)
The Client: Local Public body based in Maghaberry, serving local residents.
The Role: The post-holder will provide a wide range of administrative tasks to support the effective and efficient provision of Healthcare within a Prison setting. They will work as an integral member of a team and be expected to use their own initiative:
- Liaise with various staff/departments to deliver effective administrative support.
- Deal with a range of queries, maintaining a courteous and pleasant manner at all times.
- Use of various computer systems and software packages to ensure patient information is relevant and up to date, including data input and retrieval of information.
- Processing, recording and collating information for statistical purposes.
- Administering waiting lists, processing internal and external referrals
- Scheduling appointments to ensure clinical capacity is utilised
- Booking patient movement requests, interpreters and other patient related services.
- Maintenance of medical records filing systems.
- Typing duties - reports, letters and meeting minutes as required.
- Assist with the training of new administrative staff as and when required.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Provide cover to other administrative staff during periods of leave.
- General office duties such as photocopying, scanning, sorting post and faxing.
- To participate in the Appraisal Process and participate in agreed training and development initiatives when identified.
- Any other tasks or projects within the remit of the band.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- 4 GCSE's Grades A-C to include English Language (or equivalent Qualification) plus 1year's Secretarial /admin /clerical experience OR NVQ Level 2 in Administration (or equivalent qualification) plus 1 year's secretarial /admin /clerical experience OR 2 year's secretarial /admin /clerical experience.
- Experience in using Microsoft packages to include WORD, EXCEL, and OUTLOOK.
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Trust which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
- Experience of using a computerised database and effective use of office admin systems such as diary management and filing systems
- Willingness to undergo an enhanced access NI check
- Rates of pay £10.09 per hour
- Holiday entitlement
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.