Band 3 Admin Clerk required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Salary: £10.40 p/h
Location: Bradbury wellbeing centre
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will be required to provide an efficient and effective administrative support service to include word processing and diary management as required. The post holder will be the first point of contact for members of the public making enquiries by telephone.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer and record telephone calls and process highly sensitive and confidential information accurately and communicate this to appropriate health protection staff for action.
- Provide administration support for duty room emails and action them appropriately.
- Be responsible for producing weekly reports and activity within the duty room.
- Input and retrieval of data from manual and electronic systems.
- Assistance in the provision of statistical information as required.
- Ensure the timely handling and distribution of mail, including electronic mail.
- Maintain comprehensive filing systems, including manual and electronic files in accordance with PHA policy.
- Word processing and typing as required, including the compilation of agendas and papers.
- Manage administrative work tasks in a timely and efficient manner and ensure work is prioritised accordingly.
- Provide administrative support for projects as requested by health protection staff, assisting with collation and presentation of reports as necessary.
- Organise meetings, seminars and workshops including preparation of papers, arranging venues, notifying attendees, minute-taking and follow-up action.
- Make appropriate travel and organisational arrangements as required.
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality of information in line with current legislation.
- Working as a member of the administrative team providing cover for colleagues as required.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required in support of the public health function in the Duty Room, prevention and control of communicable disease and environmental hazards.
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above to include English Language or equivalent qualification and one year's administrative experience.
AND / OR
- Preferably 1 year experience in an admin role
- Have excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- An ability to meet deadlines, work across various service areas and work under pressure
- Ability to relate / communicate with operational staff and senior management through all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work in a changing environment.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.Fogarty@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.