Admin Team Lead
Admin Team Lead
Temporary Admin Team leader required for a large public sector organisation based at through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: £11.20 per hour
Location: Ulster Hospital, Belfast
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: 3 months pending review
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will be responsible for the daily organisation of the offices and implementation of good working practices and systems of work, ensuring an efficient and effective service is provided. The post holder will provide personal secretary duties for the Lead Dietitian.
- Responsible for management, organisation, training and supervision of clerical personnel.
- Effective communication with admin and clinical staff to ensure accuracy and consistency of data systems.
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance on waiting list management issues to administrative and clinical staff.
- Supervising the ordering, storage and maintenance of stationery and consumables to ensure value for money.
- Provide administrative support to meetings including preparation of agendas / minutes for Nutrition and Diet Therapy and other meetings as required.
- Oversee provision of administrative and clerical support to the dietitians to include making appointments, processing partial booking reviews, filing, photocopying, word processing and equipment ordering.
- Access and input data using a range of IT systems e.g. PAS, LCID, Scheduler, ewhiteboards etc. as appropriate.
- Use a range of computer programmes e.g. Excel, word, powerpoint.
Clinical/Professional/Specific Managerial Responsibilities
- Supervise the workload and work issues of administrative staff to ensure efficient and effective service delivery and continuous service development and improvement.
- Input data and retrieve statistics from appointment and other systems to help ensure an effective and efficient service.
- Create and review policies and procedures for the administration service.
- Assist in the management of administrative staff and be proactive in making adequate arrangements for the provision of cross departmental cover/site cover to ensure a quality and efficient service is delivered to staff and patients.
- Assist in identifying training needs.
- Monitor and take appropriate action in preventing and reducing backlogs of work which may arise in conjunction with the Lead Dietitian/Clinical Coordinator
- Check professional registration of all Clinical staff biannually.
Generic managerial responsibilities both within an operational and strategic context
- Maintain staff relationships, empower and improve morale among staff reporting to the Office Manager.
- Take responsibility for updating and maintaining staff records i.e. annual leave and sickness within the Regional HRPTS system and within the departmental systems
- Responsible for the selection, appointment, induction, training and retention of staff with area of responsibility.
- Observe for signs of ill health or stress in staff and colleagues and take appropriate action in accordance with Trust policy and in conjunction with the Lead Dietitian/Clinical Coordinator.
- Monitor staff performance and take appropriate action as required in conjunction with the Lead Dietitian/ Clinical Coordinator.
- Promote and facilitate the implementation of the Trust's Personal Performance and Development Review.
- Contribute to the professional and managerial development for self and staff within area of responsibility
- HNC / HND or equivalent in an administrative related field AND 1 years' experience in a clerical / administrative role
- NVQ Level 3 Business Administration or equivalent PLUS 2 years' experience in a clerical / administrative role.
- 4 years relevant experience in a clerical / administrative role at Band 3 or above or equivalent.
- OCR Level II (Parts 1 & 2) Text processing/Word processing or equivalent.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft office products including Word and Excel.
- Ability to lead a team and to use own initiative
- Ability to identify problems, analyse information and recommend appropriate solutions
- Effective planning & organisational skills with an ability to prioritise own workload
- Effective communications skills to meet the needs of the post in full
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.