Band 3 Administrative Support required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Location: Arches wellbeing and treatment centre
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will be required to provide an efficient and effective administrative support service to include word processing and diary management as required. The post holder will be the first point of contact for members of the public making enquiries by telephone. The post holder may be required to work flexibly over 7 day period and participate in an out of hour's roster.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accept and allocate all referrals received in District Nursing Duty Desks for a multi-disciplinary team in a timely and effective manner.
- Inputting Referrals on to CAT/ Staff Diary system in a timely and effective manner
- Ordering of medical equipment, hospital beds, continence pads as requested using Trust IT systems.
- Undertake a range of admin support duties including, filing, making appointments, maintaining diaries, receiving, processing and distributing incoming mail.
- Co-ordinate and process a range of correspondence in accordance with agreed procedures within area of responsibility.
- Ensure that all systems used both manual and computerised are maintained in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with local policy and procedure.
- Ensure that systems are in place to provide data returns, which support the provision of service reports.
- Maintain adequate supplies of stock and stationery, and order stock/nonstock items using Trust's E-procurement system.
- Participate in the development of local policies and procedures, as appropriate.
- Ensure all that tasks/duties are completed in a timely manner in accordance with agreed performance standards.
- Establish, maintain and develop good working relationships with managers and staff at all levels throughout the Trust and interact effectively with members of the public as required.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality regarding all information held in respect of service users and professional staff.
- Prioritise workload in accordance with expected outcomes.
- Provide cover for staff during periods of sick/annual leave, as required.
- Contribute to effective team working.
- Cross cover in other DN Teams as necessary.
- These posts can be subject to change and duties will change in line with District Nursing Review.
- Work Out of Hours Rota
- a. 4 GCSE's at grade C or above to include English Language or equivalent qualification and one year's administrative experience.
- NVQ Level II in Administration and one year's administrative experience.
- A minimum of two year's administrative experience.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft office products, in particular word.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise own workload.
- Flexibility to work in a changing environment.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.Fogarty@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.