Administration & Clerical Officer
Administration & Clerical Officer
Temporary administration and clerical officer required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust at Grove Well Being Centre.
Rate of Pay: 10.09
Location: Grove Well Being Centre
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: 3 months temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will be required to provide an efficient and effective administrative support service to include word processing and diary management as required. The post holder will be the first point of contact for members of the public making enquiries by telephone.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
For each of the following, the post holder will;
- Undertake a range of admin support duties including, making appointments, maintaining diaries, receiving, processing and distributing incoming mail.
- Co-ordinate and process a range of correspondence in accordance with agreed procedures within area of responsibility.
- Maintain adequate supplies of stock and stationery, and order stock/nonstock items using Trust's E-procurement system.
- Ensure that all systems used both manual and computerised are maintained in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with local policy and procedure.
- Ensure that systems are in place to provide data returns, which support the provision of service reports.
- Participate in the development of local policies and procedures, as appropriate.
- Ensure all that tasks/duties are completed in a timely manner in accordance with agreed performance standards.
- Establish, maintain and develop good working relationships with managers and staff at all levels throughout the Trust and interact effectively with members of the public as required.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality regarding all information held in respect of service users and professional staff.
- Prioritise workload in accordance with expected outcomes.
- Provide cover for staff during periods of sick/annual leave, as required.
- Contribute to effective team working.
4 GCSE's at grade C or above to include English Language or equivalent qualification and one year's administrative experience.
or b. NVQ Level II in Administration and one year's administrative experience.
or c. A minimum of two year's administrative experience.
- Have excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Applications
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills with the ability to apply strict attention to detail
- An ability to meet deadlines, work across various service areas and work under pressure
- Ability to relate / communicate with operational staff and senior management through all levels of the organisation
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.email@example.com
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.