The Client: Local Government body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
The Role: To provide a comprehensive secretarial and administrative support service to the Environmental Health Service Unit and to deputise as required in the absence of the Administration Manager to ensure the smooth, effective and efficient running of the Service. Ensure Targets and deadlines are effectively and accurately met whilst maintaining a high level of Customer Service.
Hours of work: 37 hrs per week
- Deputise as necessary for the Administration Manager
- In conjunction with the Administration Manager, responsible for the training of temporary and student administrative staff
- Supervision of temporary staff and students on work experience, ensuring that they are aware of the duties provided
- Assessing, maintaining and updating of sensitive records on the various database systems for all core functions within the Environmental Health Service
- Issuing dog licences, generating reminders, warning letters etc.
- Up-Keeping records for the Environmental Health Service on the time management systems.
- Facilitating the organisation, setup and minute taking of meetings.
- 5 GCSE passes at grade A-C, NVQ level 2 or equivalent and 3 years' relevant experience.
- Working experience of Microsoft office
- Dealing with the public in a working environment
- Cash handling in a work environment
- A minimum of 5 years experience is required if qualifications do not stand
- A clear understanding of the workings of local government and the wider environment and political context in which it operates
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office
- Working knowledge of systems and legislation's
- Rates of Pay: £11.19 p/hr
- Holiday Entitlement: 28 days per annum
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.