Administration Assistant (p/t)
Administration Assistant - Ballymena Area - 18.5hpw - Wed - Frid - £10.59ph - ongoing temporary
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Provide a high quality administrative service within the Planning Administration team.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Service Delivery
- Provision of a general administration service to the Planning function, including word processing, maintenance of spreadsheets and databases, photocopying and scanning, localised filing systems and dealing with general enquiries from the public.
- Provision of general secretarial/administrative support to the Senior Admin Officer.
- Undertake tasks specific to the post to which you are appointed that are relevant to this grade of post.
- Receipt and record Planning application forms and associated monies following relevant protocols. Ensure that all necessary supporting documentation is available.
- Creation of planning applications and transcribe the validated information onto the Planning Portal, paying particular attention to redacting personal information, following correct protocols.
- Maintenance of Planning application files. Extract relevant data from the Planning Portal, ensure relevant neighbour notifications are issued, scan revised drawings on to the Planning Portal, acknowledge objections, record withdrawals, issue decisions and notify objectors of decisions.
- Record on database any general correspondence requiring a response, acknowledge enquiry and pass to relevant officer. Close case once response has been issued.
- Collate information, compile Council Schedule and issue to relevant people in advance of Council meeting.
- Interrogate Planning Portal to carry out history searches on planning applications to establish any previous applications on the same site.
- Complete Planning Appeals Commission (PAC) questionnaires. Liaise with PAC and ensure that all correspondence from their office is recorded and referred to Senior Planning Officers.
- Complete Property Certificate questionnaires online ensuring accurate information is transcribed from the Planning Portal and associated files.
- Provide support in updating and maintaining the Council's website and Planning Portal (public access).
- Answer and deal appropriately with all telephone calls.
A minimum of 5 GCSEs to include English Language and Maths (grade C or above) or equivalent qualifications to demonstrate literacy and numeracy
Have two years' administrative experience in a busy office environment to include the ability to deal efficiently with large volumes of work and prioritising demands
Alternatively consideration may be given to candidates who do not possess the required educational qualifications but who can demonstrate 4 years' administrative experience in a busy office environment to include the ability to deal efficiently with large volumes of work and prioritising demands
A qualification that demonstrates competency in working with office technology ie Word Processing or Typewriting.
Competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook