Administration Officer - Derry - Mon-Frid 9am-4.30pm - £10ph
1. Provide administrative support for critical areas of business activity including:
a. Finance: Payroll, bank lodgements, authorisation of cheques and invoices, and monthly reconciliations of bank accounts, ParentPay, credit cards and petty cash.
b. Reception: Operating the internal/external telephone system, providing a professional, efficient, welcoming reception environment, pupil information and welfare duties, pupil attendance, visitors.
c. Examinations: Preparing exam centres, supporting college Entrance Assessment.
d. Personnel: Including recruitment and selection, attendance recording and monitoring.
2. Maintain accurate, up-to-date and secure electronic and manual records, paying regard to GDPR and confidentiality, as well as legal requirements such as record retention guidelines.
3. Support the completion of statutory and non-statutory statistical returns to public sector, government departments, examination boards and other similar bodies as required.
4. Produce reports for staff and external bodies in a variety of formats, using a range of ICT.
5. Support the design, print and procurement of a range of documentation such as planners and staff handbook.
6. Deal professionally and efficiently with queries.
Minimum of 5 GCSE Subjects at Grades A*-C (including English & Mathematics) or equivalent or higher qualifications.
Evidence of a working knowledge of information technology including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Proven administrative experience in a busy office.
Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Ability to manage competing demands, assess priorities and work well under pressure.
Excellent communication skills including in writing, face-to-face and over the telephone.
Good attention to detail and accuracy.
Ability to work in a discreet and sensitive manner.
Experience in a busy school office.
Experience of C2K schools' IT systems.