Band 3 Administrative Assistant
Temporary Admin Assistant required for a large public sector organisation based in Belfast through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: 10.21
Location: Mater Infirmorum Hospital, 45-51 Crumlin Rd
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will be responsible for a range of duties including; booking systems, such as partial booking, day to day co-ordination of outpatient waiting list and clinics, ensuing an adherence to agreed protocol in relation to appointment booking and call handling. Provide administrative and clerical support to the Physiotherapy department
- Booking Duties
- Responsible for ensuring that all new referrals received are registered appropriately and accurately.
- Monitor waiting list to ensure patients do not breech the agreed waiting time.
- Ensure that the partial booking procedure is adhered to in a consistent manner.
- To ensure that when adding patients to the Physiotherapy waiting list that all referral details are correct as this reflects the Outpatient waiting times.
- To make appointments appropriately, ensuring patients with the same clinical priority are seen in chronological order, to issue appointment letters.
- Ensuring that clinic capacity is utilised, taking action in partnership with the administrative manager.
- To liaise with Physiotherapists / GPs / other specialists when making appointments.
- To ensure that telephone calls are handled in a courteous / pleasant manner, ensuring appointments are appropriately offered in line with
The postholder will:
- Participate in staff induction, training and other learning as required
- Contribute to effective team working
- Act as a mentor as required
- Maintain staff relationships and morale amongst staff
- Delegate appropriately to staff, as required
- 4 GCSE's at grade C or above to include English Language or equivalent qualification and one year's administrative/clerical experience
- NVQ Level II in Administration and one year's administrative/clerical experience
- A minimum of two year's administrative/clerical experience
- RSA/OCR Stage 2 Typing/Word Processing ( Parts 1&2) or equivalent qualification, OR have a minimum of six months word processing experience
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, or equivalent
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- The Flexibility to work in a changing environment.
- Knowledge of waiting lists
Organisational skills · IT skills including data input · Well-developed written and oral communication skills · Ability to work within a team · Flexibility in start/finish times to meet service requirements · Numeracy/literacy skills · Client focused and ability to use initiative
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Coragh McCashin email@example.com.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.