Band 3 Administrative Support required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: £10.40/hr
Location: Beech Hall Community & Social Work Team
Hours: 37.5hrs per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will be required to provide an efficient and effective administrative support service to include word processing and diary management as required. The post holder will be the first point of contact for members of the public making enquiries by telephone
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertake a range of admin support duties including, making appointments, maintaining diaries, receiving, processing and distributing incoming mail.
- Co-ordinate and process a range of correspondence in accordance with agreed procedures within area of responsibility.
- Accept and allocate all referrals received in /spects of the duty desks regarding restart/suspension of services and contacting service users when reported "Not -In" for services.
- Maintain adequate supplies of stock and stationery, and order stock/nonstock items using Trust's E-procurement system.
- Ordering of medical equipment, hospital beds, continence pads as requested using Trust IT systems.
- Ensure that all systems used both manual and computerised are maintained in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with local policy and procedure.
- Ensure that systems are in place to provide data returns, which support the provision of service reports.
- Participate in the development of local policies and procedures, as appropriate.
- Ensure all that tasks/duties are completed in a timely manner in accordance with agreed performance standards.
- Establish, maintain and develop good working relationships with managers and staff at all levels throughout the Trust and interact effectively with members of the public as required.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality regarding all information held in respect of service users and professional staff.
- Prioritise workload in accordance with expected outcomes.
- Provide cover for staff during periods of sick/annual leave, as required.
- Contribute to effective team working.
- Cross cover in other Community Teams as necessary.
- These posts can be subject to change and duties will change in line with Social Work and District Nursing Review.
- Some duties will require staff to cover services out of normal working hours.
- Hours of work may require staff to work 5 days over 7 days.
- a. 4 GCSE's at grade C or above to include English Language or equivalent qualification and one year's administrative experience. or b. NVQ Level II in Administration and one year's administrative experience. or c. A minimum of two year's administrative experience.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft office products.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise own workload.
- Flexibility to work in a changing environment.
- Excellent Keyboard Skill
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.