|Salary||Up to £10.40 per hour|
|Published||10 months ago|
|Contact email||Orlaith Fogarty|
Band 3 Administrative support required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: £10.40/hr
Location: Linen Hall street
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post-holder will provide administrative support services, requiring a high degree of initiative and diplomacy, to senior staff within the Public Health duty team.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer and record telephone calls and process highly sensitive and confidential information accurately and communicate this to appropriate health protection staff for action.
- Provide administration support for duty room emails and action them appropriately.
- Be responsible for producing weekly reports and activity within the duty room.
- Input and retrieval of data from manual and electronic systems.
- Assistance in the provision of statistical information as required.
- Ensure the timely handling and distribution of mail, including electronic mail.
- Maintain comprehensive filing systems, including manual and electronic files in accordance with PHA policy.
- Word processing and typing as required, including the compilation of agendas and papers.
- Manage administrative work tasks in a timely and efficient manner and ensure work is prioritised accordingly.
- Provide administrative support for projects as requested by health protection staff, assisting with collation and presentation of reports as necessary.
- Organise meetings, seminars and workshops including preparation of papers, arranging venues, notifying attendees, minute-taking and follow-up action.
- Make appropriate travel and organisational arrangements as required.
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality of information in line with current legislation.
- Working as a member of the administrative team providing cover for colleagues as required.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required in support of the public health function in the Duty Room, prevention and control of communicable disease and environmental hazards.
- To support the PHA in meeting its obligations under Risk Management by adhering to the controls assurance standards identified in the Risk Register.
5 x GCSE's (including GSCE Maths and GCSE English Language (Grades A* - C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification.
- 1 year's experience in an office environment to include word processing experience
- 18 month's relevant experience in an office environment to include the use of Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, Outlook & Power-point)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload effectively to meet strict deadlines
- Able to work within a rapidly changing environment.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.Fogarty@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.