We are currently recruiting for an Administrator to join the team for one of our clients based in Derry/ Londonderry.
To provide effective and efficient administrative support to centre staff.
- To provide administrative, clerical and secretarial support.
- To administer weekly counselling and complementary therapy appointments, including communication with clients, therapists and relevant staff.
- To greet clients, volunteers, and representatives of other agencies/organisations in a friendly and professional manner and provide hospitality as required (includes afternoon and evening appointments).
- To complete building security procedures at the conclusion of evening appointments (adhering to lone working policies and procedures).
- To carry out administrative checking of counselling and complementary therapy invoices.
- To record statistics of clients for the purpose of producing evidence for funders as per policies and procedures.
- To record evaluation data for counselling and complementary therapy services.
- To prepare, organise and oversee monitoring requirements in line with policies and procedures.
- To receive incoming calls and recording messages efficiently.
- To complete general clerical duties e.g. organising and maintaining filing systems, sorting and distributing mail, other documents and information.
- To maintain and update a confidential database system of new referrals and existing clients using appropriate software and to provide necessary reports on a regular basis.
- To fully utilise Windows 365 and all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite for all processing of documents, letters and reports, emails and data input and retrieval.
- To undertake all photocopying, filing and faxing as required etc.
- To respond to emails/correspondence on behalf of the organisation and signpost to relevant staff as required.
- To promote and comply with all Client policies and procedures particularly with reference to health and safety and lone working.
- To promote the aims and objectives of the client and adhere to the ethos and philosophy of the organisation.
- To participate in training and professional development activities as required and keep abreast of developments in the victims/survivors sector.
- To perform any other duties that correspond reasonably to the general character of the post.
- To undertake such other reasonable duties as deemed necessary by the Management Board.
- To act as a spokesperson when necessary, ensuring at all times the promotion of a positive and professional image of the client, which advocates the organisation's mission, vision and values and which is not detrimental to the organisation inclusive values.
- To contribute to the promotion of the client ensuring all public information and communication is in keeping with the client's ethos and standards of practice.
This Job Description and Person Specification reflect the duties of the post as they exist at this time. The post holder may be required to undertaken other duties commensurate with the salary and competence requirements of this post from time to time as required.
- 2 GCSE's at Grace C or above (or equivalent) one of which must be English Language
- OCR/RSA Stage 2 (Parts I & II) Word Processing or equivalent OR
The ability to demonstrate same level of competence
- A minimum of two years' experience of working in an administrative role within an office environment
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft office to include Word, Outlook, Access and Excel
- 4 GCSE's at Grade C or above (or equivalent) one of which must be English Language)
- Current driving licence and access to a suitable vehicle (appropriately maintained and insured for business). (*This criteria will be waived in the case of an applicant whose disability prohibits driving but who is able to demonstrate an appropriate alternative means of meeting the mobility requirements of the post)
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Thursday 9am -5pm
- Friday 9am - 4.30pm
- 37.5 hours per week
- (Flexible working considered)
Rate of Pay:
- £10.00 per hour
Job Type- Full time, Temporary
If you are interested in the above position, please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those shortlisted