Higher Clerical Officer
Temporary clerical officer required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: 10.09
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
The post holder will provide administrative and clerical support to an assigned service group.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
Liaise with other departments.
- Liaise with client, staff and departments, internal and external to the Trust to ensure full and efficient service.
- To train and supervise junior staff, as required and allocate work accordingly.
- To ensure all office duties carried out in accordance with local policies & procedures, i.e. filing, faxing, photocopying and data entry.
- To make and receive telephone calls and take appropriate action.
- To ensure all mail opened, distributed and re-directed as appropriate.
- To develop, maintain and monitor IT Systems to record and produce work of a consistently high standard, as required.
- Assist in the production/collation of statistics as required.
- Participate in the development of local policies and procedures, as appropriate.
- To maintain records both manual and computerised in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with local policy and procedure.
- Maintain adequate supplies of stock and stationary, as required.
- To participate in quality assurance exercises.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality regarding all information held in respect of service users and professional staff.
- Provide and ensure cover for staff during periods of sick/annual leave, as required.
- Participate in cash handling duties as & when required.
- To deal with day-to-day queries as appropriate.
- Such other duties as appropriate
The post holder will:
- To participate in the recruitment and selection of relevant staff
- Participate in staff induction, training and other learning as required
- Contribute to effective team working
- Act as a mentor as required
- Maintain staff relationships and morale amongst staff
- Delegate appropriately to staff, as required
- Assist in management of absence, discipline, capability and grievance issues as appropriate
- Four GCSE's Grade C/4 or above (to include English Language) or equivalent and 2 years secretarial / administrative experience.*
- NVQ Level 2 in Administration and 2 years secretarial/administrative experience.*
- A minimum of two year's administrative/clerical experience
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with various grades and professions.
- The flexibility to work in a changing environment.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend appropriate solutions.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.