Rate of Pay: £10.40
Location: Knockbracken Healthcare Park
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will be responsible for procuring Domiciliary Services for assessed clients in need of services from the Trust's Home Care Services and the Independent Sector, which may include working over a 7 day week. A major element of this work will be responding to hospital discharges and will require someone who has the ability to work under pressure. They will be required to liaise with Community Teams and other professionals in the Trust to expedite the delivery of timely and responsive services.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate as a member of the Care Bureau team to provide a responsive and efficient procurement of Domiciliary Services across all Programmes of Care.
- Respond efficiently and effectively to all requests for service provision in line with established protocols and guidelines.
- Ensure that once each request is made and the response time has lapsed that next provider is contacted in line with the procurement guidelines.
- Inform the line manager where there are issues with responsiveness from the various suppliers of care.
- Maintain records and information that will advise Care Professionals and the Trust's Contract's Department on issues of contract compliance and quality indicators.
- Ensure all information is maintained accurately on the E-Brokerage System.
- Establish close working with all stakeholders including professional managers, service providers and the Trust.
- Follow all established procedures to comply with the Trust's protocols.
- Inform my line manager of any issue that will affect the safe and efficient delivery of care services.
- Assist in the preparation and collation of statistics and other information required for the service.
As this is a new service it must be clearly understood that this Job Description will evolve to meet the needs of the service.
- Employees of the Trust are required to promote and support the mission and vision of the service for which they are responsible and:
- At all times provide a caring service and to treat those with whom they come into contact in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Demonstrate their commitment by their regular attendance and the efficient completion of all tasks allocated to them.
- Comply with the Trust's Smoke Free Policy.
- Carry out their duties and responsibilities in compliance with the Health and Safety Policies and Statutory Regulations.
- Adhere to Equality and Good Relations duties throughout the course of their employment.
- Ensure the ongoing confidence of the public in-service provision.
- Maintain high standards of personal accountability.
- Comply with the HPSS Code of Conduct.
- 4 GCSE's including English (Grades A-C) or equivalent and 1 years' administrative experience
- NVQ Level 2 Administration and 1 year's administrative experience
- A minimum of 2 years' administrative experience
- Experience of using key information systems
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.