Administrator (Scale 4)
The Client: Local Public organisation based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
The Role: The post holder will be responsible for providing an efficient, effective, and customer-focused administrative service:
- To provide a modern, efficient, professional, and customer-focused administrative service to all functions within the relevant Area Command as well as to other internal and external customers, in accordance with the relevant NIFRS policies and procedures and relevant legislation e.g., Data Protection
- To prepare and collate relevant information, letters, memos, statistics, reports and other documents for management, committees or working groups as required, including for board reports, annual reports, statutory returns, and information relating to budgets
- To design, create and maintain databases, spreadsheets, and other documents, ensuring that all computerised and manual systems used by the various functions are maintained accurately and on a timely basis
- To provide advice, guidance, and support, where applicable, on current administrative processes to both uniformed personnel and support staff
- To assist in monitoring and reviewing of administrative systems and processes, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing change in line with organisational policies and procedures
- To set up and maintain suitable physical and electronic records and filing systems, which will include handling sensitive information and disciplinary records
- To provide all administrative support for meetings, as required, including preparation for the meeting, taking minutes and any follow up administrative tasks
- To deal with incoming and outgoing correspondence of a general nature, including drafting responses and/or forwarding to the appropriate section and other general office duties, including, requisitioning of stationery, processing incoming and outgoing mail, binding, laminating, and filing
- To provide a high level of internal and external customer service including taking ownership of customer queries and complaints and following issues through to completion. Dealing with internal and external customers of NIFRS either face to face or by telephone and email, including reception duties as required
- Administration of specific processes, as required, for the respective directorates/functions e.g., Transformation, Planning & Governance, Service Delivery, Service Support, Finance and HR
- Issuing and reconciling petty cash, as required, including completing necessary paperwork and forwarding to accounts in accordance with financial regulations and governance
- To attend meetings and participate in training relevant to the work of the administrative function
- To provide information as requested to facilitate the preparation of responses to complaints, Freedom of Information requests, Data Protection requests, and Ministerial, Parliamentary or NI Assembly questions
- Fully contribute to the performance of the administrative functions to ensure key performance indicators for the functions are achieved
- To work collaboratively with all NIFRS personnel and stakeholders to ensure collaborative, consistent methods of working and continuity in business support and to provide cover when required, in other geographical locations within the relevant Area Command.
Hours of work: 36.25 hours, Monday- Friday, 9.00am- 5.00pm.
- 5 GCSEs Grades A-C including English or English language (excluding English Literature) and Mathematics and at least two years' experience of working in a demanding office environment, carrying out a range of business support tasks including scheduling and administrative support of meetings.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of windows and Microsoft applications, to include word, excel and outlook
- Can demonstrate effective planning, organisation, prioritising skills and attention to detail, the ability to work individually and as part of a team, effective communication skills (both oral & written), an ability to produce timely and accurate information and a customer service orientation
- Desirable: experience of taking and producing minutes and action plans arising from meetings; experience of working within local government or the public sector
- Rates of pay £10.63 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up-to-date CV by clicking the button.