Administrator - Lisburn Full Time
Ongoing Temporary - subject to review
The Client: Local Public sector body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
The Role: The post holder will be responsible for providing an efficient and effective administrative service:
- To provide a professional and confidential administrative service for all aspects of the Human Resources function in accordance with the company policy framework, HR best practice and Data Protection legislation. This includes support for Resourcing, Business Partnering and Equality & Legal units.
- To produce a range of general correspondence and ensure electronic and paper records are filed accurately and on a timely basis.
- To ensure electronic systems, databases and spreadsheets used by HR (for example Pharos MIS, Peodysy) are maintained accurately and on a timely basis.
- To ensure equality monitoring information is accurately and confidentially maintained.
- To ensure all computerised and manual employee records are up to date and accurate and to liaise with Establishment Office, Payroll and IT regarding changes.
- To carry out a wide range of generalist HR duties including calculating and administering annual leave, administering probationary and induction processes, co-ordinating work experience, administering mail
Hours of work:
Monday - Friday (Flexible) 8am - 4pm / 10 am - 6pm (this role will also be required to participate in an out of hours standby rota, 1 week in 4, this will include an additional standby rota allowance and appropriate call out payments also)
Applicants must provide evidence by the closing date for application that they meet the following essential criteria:
- Possess at least 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, or equivalent, to include English and Maths, and
- Have at least two years' experience of working in an administration function.
- Competent in the use of Windows and other Microsoft applications.
- Can demonstrate:
(a)effective planning, organisation, prioritising skills and attention to detail;
(b)effective communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to provide timely and accurate information
- Experience meeting the needs of both internal and external customers.
- Possess a full, current UK driving licence or have access to a form of transport which will enable the post holder to fulfil the full requirements of the post in full
- Have experience of working in an HR administration function within a large, multi-site, multi-disciplinary organisation.
- Be working towards CIPD membership
- Have experience of working within local government or the public sector.
- Rate of pay: £10.63 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.