Administrator (Scale 4)
The Client: Local Public organisation based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
The Role: The post holder will be responsible for providing an efficient, effective and customer-focused administrative service:
* Calculating allowances, processing cheques and handling cash.
* Word processing / producing reports / working on computer systems.
* Data input / retrieval of information.
* Creation and completion of spreadsheets.
* Sorting and responding to mail/emails as appropriate.
* Dealing with general enquiries/providing advice which requires immediate action within definitive guidelines, protocols and policies.
* Arrange appointments/meetings as requested.
* Take minutes of meetings as required.
* Collation of statistical information for reports.
* Dealing with requests for information.
* Maintain Filing System and shared drive.
* Answering telephone.
* General office duties such as photocopying/scanning.
Hours of work: 36.25 hours, Monday- Friday, 9.00am- 5.00pm.
* 5 GCSEs Grades A-C including English or English language (excluding English Literature) and Mathematics and at least two years' experience of working in a demanding office environment, carrying out a range of business support tasks including scheduling and administrative support of meetings.
* Demonstrate a working knowledge of windows and Microsoft applications, to include word, excel and outlook
* Can demonstrate: effective planning, organisation, prioritising skills and attention to detail, the ability to work individually and as part of a team, effective communication skills (both oral & written), an ability to produce timely and accurate information and a customer service orientation
* Desirable: experience of taking and producing minutes and action plans arising from meetings; experience of working within local government or the public sector
* Rates of pay £10.35 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.