Agricultural Economist - BT9
Staffline are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Agricultural Economist to start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.00per hour
13+ week's £15.87per hour
Location: Belfast, BT9
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- A degree in agriculture or agricultural technology
- Knowledge of Northern Ireland farming systems. A good understanding of farm business economics and farm business performance management data e.g. KPI's, variable costs, gross margins etc.
- Experience of:
Dairy, beef and sheep systems
Working with data in Excel
Analysing data in excel or other statistical software
Provide research support on two E&I projects: Impact of RDP: Evaluation of the Rural Development Programme 2014-2020, Farm Business Improvement Scheme - Longitudinal Study:
Development of a whole farm dairy systems model for the Northern Ireland livestock sector. Phase 1: A Dairy Systems Model;
- The main duties of the post will include the following:To assist in socio-economic data collection through developing surveys and undertaking the subsequent analysis. To build and maintain partnerships, collaborations and relationships with relevant stakeholders and project partners;
- To help in the selection of a dairy cow lactation yield prediction equation;
- To assist in undertaking economic assessments of a range of capital equipment which were offered to farmers under the FBIS capital scheme.
- Contribute to the transfer of scientific results to appropriate stakeholders as well as dissemination of research findings through reports and knowledge exchange events;
- Undertake continuous personal development, including participation in relevant workshops and conferences, thus maintaining up to date specialist knowledge;
- Fulfil other duties and responsibilities as determined by senior management that fall within the general responsibilities of the post.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**