Ambassador Programme Manager
Ambassador Programme Manager (1 Year FTC)
Staffline Ireland are recruiting for an Ambassador Programme Manager for a company in the leisure and tourism industry. The Ambassador Programme Manager will lead, strategically develop and manage the Ambassador programme, The Ambassador Circle, working with senior academic, medical and business leaders to attract international and national conferences and events to Belfast. The Ambassador Programme Manager will identify and develop new business tourism opportunities for the city through the Ambassador network to deliver sales targets and KPIs.
- Strategically develop mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholder organisations including Invest NI, Universities, Health Trusts, Belfast City Council, Tourism Northern Ireland, Tourism Ireland, professional bodies, business organisations, business networks and internationally active companies based in Belfast.
- Research and recruit new Ambassadors who can assist company in bidding to bring business events and conferences to Belfast and Northern Ireland and to generate and develop new business tourism sales leads.
- Managing the Ambassador Circle's five sector advisory panels in partnership with Invest Northern Ireland as well as establishing and developing strong relationships across Ambassador network.
- Develop and deliver annual marketing, event and engagement plans for the Ambassador programme in partnership with key stakeholders, within allocated budgets and to meet KPIs and business tourism targets.
- Maintain and develop the Ambassador database through strategic business tourism and sector focused research.
- Research and monitor industry developments, news and investments in Belfast's key economic sectors and areas of research, clinical and academic excellence including Advanced manufacturing, life & health sciences, food & drink, financial, business & professional related services.
- Develop Belfast Ambassador marketing collateral, communications and digital content.
- Develop and deliver a targeted events and engagement programme to support Ambassador recruitment and relationship building.
- Deliver senior / board level presentations to stakeholders, current and potential Ambassadors.
- Develop, manage and monitor the Belfast Ambassador programme budget and service level agreements with funders and stakeholders.
- Provide regular reporting on Ambassador programme performance, developments and lead generation KPIs.
- Convert leads into sales through assisting the business tourism department with business development activities including bid strategies and supporting site visits and client meetings and events.
- Contribute towards business planning, strategy development and delivery of operational plans and targets within the business development department.
- Undertake other duties as required by the Head of Business Tourism, Director of Business Development, Sustainability Transformation and the wider senior management team.
- 3 years sales/business development experience.
- Degree level qualification.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver targets and KPIs.
- Experience of developing relationships with leading professionals and business leaders.
- Event management experience.
- Experience of budget management.
- Programme management experience.
- Presentation experience at a senior level.
- Results-driven and target orientated.
- Excellent relationship management and business development skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiating skills including the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders and colleagues.
- Excellent analytical, planning, organisational skills including business planning and report writing.
- Entrepreneurial skills, self-starter, energy, drive, enthusiasm and team player.
- Confident management style, ability to work under pressure effectively and resilience.
- Fully proficient in key MS office applications - Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc.
- Qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Understanding of events and tourism.
- Working knowledge of Northern Ireland's key sectors & stakeholder organisations.
- Experience of using virtual technologies and platforms including Zoom, Skype, Microsoft teams.
The successful Ambassador Programme Manager will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience.
The Ambassador Programme Manager role will be based in Belfast with hybrid working.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.