Analytical Services Sampling Attendant
Analytical Services Sampling Attendant
Temporary higher clerical officer required for a large public sector organisation based through NI Water.
Rate of Pay: £18,099 - £24,567
Hours: 37.5 - 8 hrs per day- 5 days a week
Duration: Temporary - up to 6 months
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The Analytical Services Sampling Attendant will work alongside the Analytical Services Sampling and Contract Manager, and Sample Co-Ordinator's to ensure maintenance, monitoring and controlling of the sampling and rescheduling requirements for Analytical Services for both regulatory and operational sampling events (Clean & Waste Waters). The Analytical Services Sampling Attendant will be a point of contact within Analytical Services and to assist in the daily operations of the NI Water Sample Collection & Subcontracted analysis Contracts. The post holder will also work closely with the Laboratory Information Management Systems Team (LIMS) and alongside the NI Water Regulation teams to advise and assist in the planning and delivery of annual sampling schedules. They will provide sampling support to enable scientific staff to recommend, consider and appraise improvements to the Company's assets and their operation when required.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work alongside the Analytical Services Sampling and Contract Manager to ensure all the regulatory and operational sampling requirements for Analytical Services are delivered.
- Work with the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) team to ensure annual sampling requirements are being met and operational requirements are being scheduled as and when demanded.
- Ensure that any poor quality and/or unusual samples are reported back promptly to the relevant authorities and in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure that any asset failures (at the point of sampling) are reported back promptly to relevant Water Quality personnel where required.
- Ensure that all samples are logged into the laboratories LIMS system and delivered to the relevant laboratory promptly.
- Undertake administrative tasks associated with sampling programmes/duties.
- Work with Analytical Services Quality team to ensure all duties are carried out in line with requirements of ISO17025 and as defined by NI Water procedures.
- Comply with and suggest improvements to the sampling documentation contained within the Quality Management Systems including assisting in internal and external compliance and customer audits.
- Ensure regular reviews and updates of the relevant sampling and reception Standard Operating Procedures are maintained.
- Maintain and retain a full audit trail of sampling and subcontracted analysis records.
A 3rd level qualification (HNC/HND/Degree) in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent
- Experience of Health and Safety requirements relevant to laboratories.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A high level of motivation and drive and be capable of working largely on their own initiative as part of a wider team
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team to help maintain continuity of essential services to the business for the benefit of public health and the environment.
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels both within and across other functions and directorates as well as with external contractors
- Ability to develop and motivate self and team in line with objectives.
- Adopt a positive 'can do' attitude to ensure the team is resilient.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.