Apprentice Printer Operator
Full Time Permanent
To assist with monitoring safe production to ensure that the utmost quality standards are delivered against specifications within the
Printing Department. All Printers shall help to facilitate continuous improvement in Manufacturing towards World Class standards thereby delivering increased Overall Equipment effectiveness and Best in Class quality performance.
Hours of Work: 8am-4pm & 4pm-12pm ( based on a rota )
(This can change depending on business needs)
38 hours per week.
- Life Insurance,
- 292 Holiday hours/301 hours (after 2 years continuous service),
- Health shield Health Cash Plan
- inspire Mental Health support service,
- Gainshare bonus.
- Ensure that safe working practices are always adhered to, including wearing PPE as appropriate. Acquire knowledge of Health & Safety procedures, work instructions, and associated documentation. Comply with all Health & Safety Policies and instructions and actively contribute to Company efforts to promote safety
- Ensuring specifications are adhered to in relation to the manufacturing of each job, guaranteeing right first-time ethos in manufacturing of high-quality product
- Maximising productivity through efficient machine set-ups and minimising machine downtime by assisting with roll changes, break cover, batch close out
- Identify, implement and recommend areas for improvement
- Ensure department waste targets are met
- Ensure that all inks, solvents and Printing equipment are carefully cleaned, maintained and stored appropriately COSH within Printing
- Participate in cross training and job rotation as required in line with business needs
- Performs other duties as assigned. Will include participating in special projects as identified
- Knowledge of production, quality and hygiene systems.
- Understanding of process and equipment (technical background).
- Computer literate.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to information.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with limited supervision.
- Positive mental attitude and ability to perform a multitude of tasks simultaneously with a helpful, friendly attitude.
- Proven analytical thinking, results orientation and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to maintain professionalism while demonstrating tact and confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of contacts from corporate to manufacturing employees - both oral and written.
- Drives a high-performance culture and Continuous Improvement.
- Adapts a flexible approach.