Job Title: Architect
The Client: Staffline Recruitment is a specialist in the provision of temporary and permanent staffing solutions to clients nationwide. We currently have a vacancy for a temporary Architect with a public body in Dublin.
The Role: This post will be based on the Projects Team. The Projects team provides professional and technical advice and services to local authorities, approved housing bodies and Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage in relation to the delivery of housing in accordance with national policy
- Support local authorities and AHBs in their housing delivery in the most effective ways, including traditional contractual arrangements, design by employer, design and build contracts, works contracts, turn-key developments, development agreements and joint ventures
- Provide assistance and support to Local Authorities and AHBs in the development of project briefs
- Provide assistance and support to Local Authorities and AHBs in the procurement of consultants and works contractors
- Undertake the management of projects assigned by The Housing Agency
- Manage and undertake site feasibility assessments
- Prepare feasibility studies
- Assist in the preparation of masterplans and local area plans
- Prepare Planning Applications, including liaison with planning authorities
- Produce full architectural contract documentation, including works requirements drawings and specifications for new housing, refurbishment projects and associated developments
- Tender procurement and contract preparation
Site supervision of building works including assessment and monitoring of building programmes
- Property inspection and preparation of detailed condition reports, advice and recommendations
- Liaise with other building professionals, local authorities, state agencies, DHLGH and other organisations
- Use technical skills appropriate to the position in relation to work assigned
- Such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by Principal Officer and the Chief Executive.
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 9.00 - 5.30 and Friday 9.00 - 5.00 .
The successful candidate should have:
- A minimum of a Level 8 qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications in Architecture, and must be a registered architect under the requirements of the Building Control Act, 2007 (or eligible for registration without further examination);
- Have had, since registration or being eligible to register, at least five years‟ experience in a senior position on significant architectural projects, in particular on the design, detailed design, contract administration and quality monitoring during construction of housing and apartment projects.
- Hourly Rate €30 per hour
- 6 month temporary contract
- An opportunity to work with a progressive and innovative company.
Why use Staffline? We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact Sinead Healy at our Walkinstown branch on 01-4505288 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.