Temporary Architectural Technologist required for a large public sector client based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £15.78 per hour
Location: Duncrue Complex - Belfast
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: 3 months pending review
- To carry out all assigned duties so as to ensure optimal performance and the achievement of the unit's financial and operational targets
- To incorporate all relevant statutory provisions (for example, accessibility and energy requirements, environmental requirements, and other relevant requirements) and industry standards into all architectural designs
- To be responsible for obtaining any relevant statutory approvals related to the design including the production and submission of any relevant documentation
- To be responsible for the production, updating, retrieval, storage and archiving of timely and effective architectural designs in the agreed CAD format, and to prepare drawings and specifications for fabric maintenance and refurbishment work to the properties, infrastructure and related equipment in line with the unit's timescales and priorities
- To assist in the development of design briefs in liaison with the relevant Projects Manager(s), building occupiers, and other stake-holders
- To be responsible for the management of the design process utilising the RIBA design work-stages for all relevant designs and to assist the relevant Building Projects Manager in the consistent application of the unit's Project Management Methodology
- To carry out on-site stage inspections of the design during the construction phase and to be responsible for the production of a post-construction design review
- To prepare contractual documentation and to assist in the evaluation of tenders and quotations.
- To ensure that all building fabric compliance-related design issues are promptly and effectively dealt with
- To liaise as necessary with In-house designers and engineers, external consultants, and other relevant bodies, in order to ensure effective co-ordination and planning of all design work
- To carry out on-site condition surveys, energy audits, and accessibility audits as required, to include the building fabric and external elements, including the use of all ICT hardware and software supplied
- To carry out pre and post-inspection site visits at all assigned properties
- To ensure that all risk assessments required by virtue of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations are produced in a timely and comprehensive fashion
- To carry out quality-assurance processes in respect of externally produced design work
- To assist in the development of planned maintenance processes and programmes at all assigned locations
- To provide technical advice and guidance on architectural design-related matters, and to produce feasibility reports or cost estimates on architectural and building fabric issues
- To assist as required in the compilation of Building Log Books
- To keep under review new developments in the field of architectural design
- Have a National Qualifications Framework Level 5 qualification in an architectural or construction related discipline such as a BTEC Higher National Certificate Award in Architectural Technology or a BTEC Higher National Certificate Award in Construction, or an equivalent qualification; AND
- Be able to demonstrate one year's relevant experience in each of the following areas:
- working within an architect's office; and
- practical experience, since qualification, of using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) applications to develop architectural designs
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.