Asphalt Plant Operator
Job Title: Asphalt Plant Operator
Location: Cam Quarry
Pay: To be discussed at point of interview
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 5/6am to 4/5pm plus Saturday mornings 7am to noon.
Main Purpose: To support the manufacturing of various alsphalt products according to mix design and customer jobsite specification
- To perform pre and post inspections
- To ensure environmental standards are maintained and prevent spillages
- To ensure the vehicle is driven legally with courtesy to other road users
- To ensure product quality is maintained
- To complete daily checks and maintenance of the vehicle
- To fuel the vehicle daily
- To drive in a fuel efficient manner at all times
- To assist with repairs during breakdowns and complete preventative maintenance.
- To inspect and clean the vehicle daily and report faults to supervisors.
- To comply with health and safety procedures and policies to ensure the role is carried out without risk to self and others.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as required.
- Ability to work within a team
- Maintain effective working relationship with quarry and contracts employees and third parties
- Good communication skills with the quarry management to raise problems
- Actively work with weighbridge staff to enable efficient planning of vehicle movements
- Ability to work closely within a team
- Independence - ability to work on own convictions
- Adaptable to changing environments
- Acceptability - non abrasive style
- Ability to plan and organise own work area
- Problem solving ability to daily issues
- Works to the company controls
- To ensure that vehicle is operated as efficiently as possible.
- To ensure all activities meet high standards of safety.