We are delighted to be working with Wrightbus, Ballymena who are have been at the forefront of transport innovation since 1946 relentlessly pushing the boundaries with its commitment to quality, style and safety.
At Wrightbus, it is never just about getting people from one place to another; it was always about getting the world to a better place. From promoting economic growth to reducing traffic congestion to making transportation more equitable for all. The Wrightbus group is on a new path of innovation and environmental consciousness under new leadership. And now, with the development of the world's first zero-emissions double deck hydrogen bus, they are on their way to ensuring a brighter future for the next generation.
We are currently recruiting for an Assembly Operators to join the busy team for one of our client's based in Ballymena on a full-time permanent basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for the assembly and manufacture of detailed and major parts for the production assembly line, ensuring all parts are assembled and fitted in accordance with the customer specification and the client quality, and Health and Safety standards.
- Responsible for complying with the company's health and safety, policies and procedures and WMPs are being adhered to.
- Ensuring that work carried out is to the client quality standard and that all quality sign offs, and procedures are complied with.
- Responsible for the fabrication and assembly of parts related to the overall manufacturing process.
- Interpreting complex parts and assembly drawings and assembling the product in line with them.
- Moving between several distinct operations whilst maintaining high quality workmanship and overall efficiency.
- Assembling a multitude of materials such as metal, wood, laminate and fibreglass components to the vehicle during the production process.
- Responsible for the safe operation of plant equipment and or hand tools associated with the manufacture or fitting process.
- Participation in continuous improvement teams and initiatives.
- Must be prepared to work overtime when requested by management.
- Undertaking training or retraining associated with the post, or introduction of new working practices or engineering changes including the training of others
- Relevant experience of using a variety of hand, power and air tools
- 3 month's experience in manufacturing or industrial environment
- Basic knowledge of materials particularly aluminium and steel
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willing to undertake or provide training as required
- An awareness of general Health & Safety rules
- Proven ability to be flexible, working overtime and changing shift patterns as required
Hours of Work:
- 4 day week
- Monday to Thursday - 7am -5pm
Rate of Pay:
- £20,748 per annum
Job Type- Full time, Permanent
If you are interested in the above position, please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those shortlisted