Assertive Outreach Worker - Belfast City Centre
Assertive Outreach Worker
Belfast City Centre
£19,032 per annum
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting an Assertive Outreach Worker on a permanent full-time basis in Belfast City Centre. Hours for this role are 37.5 per week and you will be flexible to cover 7am and 2am on a shift basis, Monday to Friday
As this is an Outreach role you will need to have a full, clean, driving licence to fulfil the driving requirement of this post.
Our client is one of Belfast's most well-known charities that help people affected by homelessness providing a range of potentially life-saving services to around 1,400 people affected by homelessness across greater Belfast every year.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real and lasting difference to the lives of the homeless community in Belfast.
- Your aim will be to reduce rough sleeping in Belfast by meaningful engagement with new and entrenched Rough Sleepers many of whom have complex and multiple needs.
- The Assertive Outreach Worker will work as part of a team on a shift basis enabling Rough Sleepers to access, appropriate accommodation and support services which will help them to move on from the street.
- 6 months experience of working with homeless people or rough sleepers with complex needs OR 6 months experience working within the fields of addiction or mental health or criminal justice system or a similar environment OR relevant experience that would be transferable to the post
- Knowledge of benefits relevant to single homeless people and issues involved in working with rough sleepers
- Understanding and commitment to working within an ethos of High Tolerance, Low Threshold services.
- Ability to develop Needs Assessments and Support Plans and manage a Key Worker case load
- Able to manage challenging individuals and situations
- The post holder will be required to wear identifiable clothing (uniform) whilst working
- 2 years driving experience with current clean licence and ability to safely drive a Transporter
*ONLY CANDIDATES THAT DEMONSTRATE THE ABOVE CRITERIA ON THEIR CV WILL BE CONTACTED*
- £19,032 per annum
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Access to superb training and development to develop your skills, professional supervision and support
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692 / 07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.