Assertive Outreach Worker - Belfast City Centre
Assertive Outreach Worker
Belfast City Centre
£19,032 per annum
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting an Assertive Outreach Worker on a permanent full-time basis in Belfast City Centre. Hours for this role are 37.5 per week and will cover 7am and 2pm on a shift basis, Monday to Friday
Our client is one of Belfast's most well-known charities that help people affected by homelessness providing a range of potentially life-saving services to around 1,400 people affected by homelessness across greater Belfast every year.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real and lasting difference to the lives of the homeless community in Belfast.
- With a full job description on request, your aim will be to reduce rough sleeping in Belfast by meaningful engagement with new and entrenched Rough Sleepers many of whom have complex and multiple needs. The Assertive Outreach Worker will work as part of a team on a shift basis enabling Rough Sleepers to access, appropriate accommodation and support services which will help them to move on from the street.
- 6 months experience of working with homeless people or rough sleepers with complex needs OR 6 months experience working within the fields of addiction or mental health or criminal justice system or a similar environment OR relevant experience that would be transferable to the post
- Knowledge of benefits relevant to single homeless people
- Understand the need for confidentiality
- Understanding and commitment to working within the ethos of High Tolerance, Low Threshold services.
- Understanding of issues involved in working with rough sleepers
- Ability to develop Needs Assessments and Support Plans and manage a Key Worker case load
- Able to manage challenging individuals and situations
- Able to take the lead and work in partnership with other agencies
- Ability to work in a busy environment, be solution and target focused, show good time management skills and demonstrate ability to prioritise and make decisions under pressure
- Able to work shift hours as required
- The post holder will be required to wear identifiable clothing (uniform) whilst working
- 2 years driving experience with current clean licence and ability to safely drive a Transporter
- Excellent team working skills
- Ability to adhere to Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, Protection of Vulnerable Adults and other policies
- Excellent written/verbal communication, numerical and interpersonal skills
*ONLY CANDIDATES THAT DEMONSTRATE THE ABOVE CRITERIA ON THEIR CV WILL BE CONTACTED*
- £19,032 per annum
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Access to superb training and development to develop your skills, professional supervision and support
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692 / 07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.