Asset Data Technician
2 Temporary Asset Data Technicians required for a large public sector organisation based in Belfast
Rate of Pay: £12.73 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Duration: 5 months pending review
- Working with established procedures, performing quality control and monitoring data accuracy by evaluating, updating and maintaining water and wastewater, infrastructure and non-infrastructure asset data in the CAR using custom editor applications
- Interpret complex information from various data formats (e.g. civil engineering drawings, asset data return forms, MapInfo tables and BUDI files)
- Management of critical datasets, which cascade across business systems to aid in financial, operational and strategic decision-making
DATA QUALITY CONTROL AND ASSURANCE
- Assess the integrity and quality of asset data returns against Code of Practice standards and feedback issues with the quality of data returns to the Data Supplier
- Assisting the AIM Team Leaders to develop and improve asset data standards and specifications
- Routinely developing and reviewing AIM workbook procedures and training material to reflect current guidelines
CAR SERVICES AND SOLUTIONS
- Testing and implementation of new or upgraded CAR systems to ensure they are fit for purpose or Assisting with CAR projects e.g. UAT, Specification Documents
- Assist the AIM Manager with embedding the Asset Strategy for Asset Data Sustainability Processes
- Ability to work to a defined standard, following established procedures and perform complex data analysis using SQL of asset base to produce required outputs
- Fulfil essential role of GIS Advisor during major incident planning
MANAGE WORKLOAD AND RESOURCES
- Plan, organise and prioritise work as allocated in forward job plans in the AIM Work Bank, documenting key work update reports, managing Asset Data Return tracking and reporting
- Represent AIM at meetings, forums, conferences and training courses
- Managing and prioritising the processing and quality control of asset data returns to meet KPI's
- Addressing and resolving complex asset data quality issues
- Providing technical guidance, training and support to internal and external data suppliers on asset data return processes and procedures with input to CAR projects
- Supporting and advising external and internal customers on the use of CAR data, services and solutions
- Advising on and supporting CAR development requests in liaison with internal and external stakeholders where improvements in data modelling and reporting can be achieved
- A 3 Level qualification (minimum HND or equivalent) in Information Systems, Information Management, Data Management or related discipline AND At least 6 months relevant and recent working experience in a similar role with an emphasis on data entry into a corporate system in a working environment, utilising established data entry procedures.
- OR At least 2 years relevant and recent working experience in a similar role with an emphasis on data entry, into a corporate system in a working environment and utilising established data entry procedures.
- Experience with the asset base of a water and wastewater utility.
- Experience of maintaining an asset inventory.
- Competent in MS Office applications including Word, Access, Excel and Power Point.
- Hold a full, current driving licence or have access to a form of transport to enable you to fulfil your responsibilities.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £18. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.