Working Hours: Monday - Friday 9am-5pm
Salary negotiable dependent on experience.
- Degree (2:1 or above) in a finance/business related degree; or alternatively a qualified Accounting Technician or minimum of 5 years experience in a relevant finance position.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite with proficiency in use of Microsoft Excel & Sage applications.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines, prioritise and plan workload whilst ensuring accuracy.
- A committed team player who wants the team to succeed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional, confidential and possesses integrity.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the preparation of accurate & timely monthly management accounts and year-end statutory accounts along with internal reports for the Financial Director.
- Participate in the review of detailed Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet, with accompanying variance analysis and narrative explaining any material variances identified. KPI dashboards and other ad hoc finance reports.
- Responsible for controlling all aspects of bank payments and receipts.
- Assist in the maintenance and implementation of financial controls in line with the agreed policies for the Company.
- Assist with the preparation of budgets.
- Assist internal and external audits as directed and requested.
- Assist the payroll provider to ensure that all staff are paid accurately and on time and that all HMRC returns are submitted as required and that all payroll related deductions are settled as required.
- Assist with the preparation of VAT returns and intrastat submissions.
- Proactively participate in training and development opportunities, staff performance appraisals and reviews as required.
- Adhere to and actively support at all times all company policies, procedures, processes and working practices, including adhering to best practice.
- Perform any other duties as may reasonably be required from time-to-time. This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the business.
Other requirements - Completion of a medical questionnaire.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging, we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent, contract and temporary job solutions to a variety of clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.