Job Title: Assistant Accountant
The Client: Grafton Recruitment is a specialist in the provision of temporary and permanent staffing solutions to clients nationwide. We currently have a temporary vacancy for Accounts Assistant based in Dublin 4 with a State Owned Company.
The Role: Assistant Accountant.
The Assistant Accountant position is an important role within the finance team. This position reports to the Financial Controller and Company Secretary and is delegated key tasks within the finance team. The role supports all aspects of the Agency's business and is essential to the overall finance function.
The Finance function deals with all aspects of transaction processing, financial planning and reporting (including Corporate Governance and procurement) in relation to the operations of the Agency, with c. €134.0m in annual levy income, operating costs of c. €40.0 - €50.0m per annum.
Key duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Daily assessment of multi-currency bank balances and future cash requirements to produce a daily cashflow position, together with a monthly and quarterly forecast.
- Placement of deposit funds and daily monitoring to meet cashflow requirements.
- Processing of creditor invoices, preparation and processing of creditor payment runs using online banking systems, including international payments.
- Reconciliation of delivery notes, purchase orders, invoices and payments.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations for all bank accounts and control account reconciliations as part of monthly management accounts process.
- Process back office confirmations of FX transactions and loan rollovers.
- Assist in the preparation of debtor invoices monthly.
- Prepare taxation and related returns and submit to comply with statutory requirements.
- Assisting in the production of monthly management accounts using Sage 200.
- Assist in the develop proposals in relation to deposits and foreign exchange requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external audit files.
- Ongoing liaison with Banks, suppliers and Revenue.
- Assisting in the preparation of annual financial statements, and half yearly financial statements for submission to the Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment.
Procurement & Corporate Governance
- Managing and procuring Office Services.
- Assist in the co-ordination of all public procurement activities of the Agency.
- Assist in the preparation, management and issuance of Requests for Tenders.
- Monitoring of procurement compliance in line with procedures and related reporting.
- Assist in the development of effective reporting systems for ongoing monitoring of compliance with procurement rules.
- Preparation of Departmental returns, monthly, quarterly and as required.
- Assist with organisation of meetings and events.
- Perform general administrative duties to assist Management.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Financial Controller, CEO and the Board.
Candidates must on or before the closing date have the following:
- A minimum qualification of Accounting Technician or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years' relevant professional work experience in an accounting role.
- Very strong IT skills, especially the use of accounting systems and the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- A proven track record of working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A strong focus on attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A third level degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. accounting, commerce, etc.)
- Recently obtained or currently pursuing a relevant accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CIMA, CPA, AITI).
- Experience of dealing with treasury management and cash management requirements.
- Experience of using the Sage 200 accounting system for operating General Ledger and Sage Accounts Production.
- Public sector experience including knowledge of relevant legislation
- Public sector procurement knowledge and experience
- Strong general business knowledge and awareness developed from relevant commercial experience.
- Analytical thinking and concern for clarity and work quality, along with very strong attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic with a proven track record of working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills.
Hours of work:
8.30 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Thursday, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm on Friday with a break for lunch of one hour unless otherwise stated Lunch times maybe staggered in accordance with Government protocol.
- Salary €30,000 per annum DOE
- Holidays 23 days leave plus good Friday and 9 public holidays
- Opportunity to join a large state owned company with potential to lead to a permanent position for the right candidate
For further information please contact Sinead Healy at the Walkinstown branch on 01-4505288 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.