Job title: Assistant Accountant
Staffline Recruitment is a leading provider of Recruitment, Talent Management and HR Solutions. An established brand name with ten branch offices stretching throughout the island of Ireland and a permanent workforce of around 150 employees, our business supports an extensive list of world-renowned clients spanning a full range of sectors.
We have a rare opening for an Assistant Accountant to join our Finance team in Belfast. We would like to hear from you if you are driven and are interested in working in a unique, fast paced environment.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the assistant accountant will be responsible for reconciling all bank accounts, assist with the preparation of short-term cash-flows, VAT returns and reconciling nominal ledger control accounts in line with month end deadlines and other duties.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing of all bank accounts and reconciling on a monthly basis, following up of all unmatched transactions with the Credit Control team and resolving all queries on a timely basis
- Reconciling of Invoice Financing accounts and ledgers, working closing with Credit Control in assigning sales
- Inputting into the month end accounts process as appropriate, e.g. preparing month end accruals and prepayments and reconciling of nominal ledger control accounts.
- Assist Financial Controller in reconciling and improving the monthly Balance Sheet review
- Maintaining the fixed asset register and posting of depreciation charges, reconciling it to the nominal ledger on a monthly basis
- Work closely with the Management Information Analyst in order to reconcile payroll costings to the accounting system on a weekly basis
- Assist the Management Accountant with preparation of short-term cash-flows and associated tasks
- Preparation of DSO days for Finance Director and Group
- Preparation of VAT analyses and returns for the NI and ROI legal entities and creating the appropriate payments to HMRC and Irish Revenue Commissioners for review by the Financial Controller
- Assist the purchase ledger manager with manning of the purchase ledger admin query email account and cover when necessary
- Any other reasonable adhoc duties as required
- 2+ years experience reconciling bank accounts in a fast paced commercial environment.
- Experience of reconciliations in a high volume business
- Use of computerised Finance Systems
- Knowledge of Nominal Ledger
- Ability to analyse and investigate financial data
- 5 GCSEs at Grades A-C (or equivalent) including English and Math
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, excel in particular
- Ability to extract and manipulate data, to produce meaningful reports
- Part qualified, studying for an Accountancy qualification or Accounting Technician
- Advanced Excel
- Competitive base salary (dependant on experience)
- Generous Rewards & Recognition Scheme
- 29 days annual leave including Public Holidays rising to a total of 35 days annual leave on successful completion of probation period
- Benefits (Pension, Private Health Care & Life Assurance cover; both from Day 1 of employment)
- Hybrid Working Policy
To apply, please submit your CV using the link below. Closing Date for applications is Thursday 5th of August 2021 at 4pm.