We are delighted to be working in partnership with Wrightbus, Ballymena who are have been at the forefront of transport innovation since 1946 relentlessly pushing the boundaries with their commitment to quality, style and safety.
At Wrightbus, it is never just about getting people from one place to another; it is always about getting the world to a better place. From promoting economic growth to reducing traffic congestion to making transportation more equitable for all. The Wrightbus group is on a new path of innovation and environmental consciousness under new leadership. And now, with the development of the world's first zero-emissions double deck hydrogen bus, they are on their way to ensuring a brighter future for the next generation.
An excellent PERMANENT opportunity has opened up for a Assistant Accountant.
salary range £20-30k (depending on experience)
Purpose of the role:
An excellent opportunity to join a busy accounts team in an innovative and growing business with the potential for career progression. The successful candidate will play a prominent role in assisting to produce accurate and timely management accounts and management information and ensuring compliance with reporting requirements.
- To assist in the preparation of timely and reliable management accounts on a monthly basis.
- Monthly reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts and highlight variances to the Management Accountant.
- Maintaining the fixed asset register, processing additions, disposals, depreciation and reconciliation to the general ledger.
- Preparation and posting of assigned general ledger journals including accruals and prepayments.
- Preparation and submission of VAT for review.
- Assist with employee expenses claims.
- Assist with physical stock checks as required.
- Assist in the completion of year end audit files as required.
- Aid in the completion of grant claims as required.
- Assist in the completion of Intrastat and custom declarations as required.
- Carry out ad hoc accounts duties.
- Undertake all duties in line with General Data Protection and maintain utmost level of confidentiality.
- Ensure work is completed to meet the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard.
- Ensure that you treat those with whom they come into contact in a courteous and respectful manner in accordance with the Dignity at Work Procedure.
- Wrightbus is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection based on merit. You are required to adhere to and promote the Equal Opportunities Policy throughout the course of your employment.
- You must maintain high standards of personal accountability.
- You must follow the training received when using any work items Wrightbus has provided.
- You must co-operate with others on health and safety and not interfere with, or misuse, anything provided for their health, safety, or welfare.
- You must take care of your own health and safety and that of people who may be affected by what you do (or do not do).
- You must comply with the no smoking policy.
- Staying away from home on occasions will be necessary to meet the requirements of the role.
Wright bus offer excellent benefits pension scheme, life insurance, and parking