- To assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- To assist in preparation of annual revenue and capital budgets.
- To assist in the annual review of rents and other charges
- To prepare quarterly financial returns to DSD and other returns as required
- To manage the organisation's fixed asset register under Component Accounting rules
- To assist with the management of the organisation's Purchase, Project and Nominal Ledgers and to provide other support and cover arrangements as required within the Finance department.
- To assist with the preparation of reports to Boards and ensure that information required for reports by others is provided in a timely manner.
- To provide financial information and support to other departments as required.
- To assist in payroll related tasks, including management of Pensions, and communications with HMRC.
- To assist the Head of Finance with administration of associated loan facilities.
- To assist the Head of Finance with both the internal and external audit processes where appropriate.
- To deputise for Head of Finance at the Association's Senior Management Team meetings and to participate on corporate activities including health and safety and continuous improvement initiatives.
- To represent the Finance Department on ad-hoc project teams and at interdepartmental liaison meetings.
- To assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of financial policies and procedures and to ensure that they are updated in line with the Housing Association Guide.
- To ensure that robust and secure finance systems are in operation in accordance with data protection legislation and the Association's Business Continuity Plan.
- To embrace and participate in own personal development initiatives, identifying training opportunities, in order to increase skills and knowledge and ensure that objectives and performance targets are achieved.
- To deliver individual and team performance to agreed KPI's within budgeted costs and have a clear understanding of key business priorities and performance indicators, including targets set as part of the Annual Business Plan.
- To carry out other financial and administrative duties including compilation of returns, invoice authorisation, on-line banking etc
- To comply with all policies and regulatory requirements, alerting your Manager to any incidents or breaches.
- To work within agreed objectives and time scales to meet the performance criteria
- Proactively assist in the successful development of processes and systems to improve service delivery
- Compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements
- A minimum of 3 years experience in finance environment including presentation of accounts and information to management
- A minimum of 2 years experience in financial and management accounting including budgets, annual accounts, project appraisal
- Practical experience in using integrated financial packages and Microsoft office products including Excel
- Experience of implementing new systems
- Experience of Housing, Public or Voluntary Sectors and knowledge of Housing Association Guide
- Evidence of inter-departmental role (e.g. as trainer, project team manager, advisor, etc.)