Assistant Accounting / Accounting Technician Job Description
Assistant Accountant / Accounting Technician
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant / Accounting Technician to join the team within a busy Charatered Accountant firm based in Randalstown on a permanent basis. There will be potential for either full time or part time hours.
The role will involve:
- Providing clients with an excellent level of service and ensuring all work is completed efficiently, effectively, and in compliance with company and industry regulations
- Work closely with all members of the team to ensure your continual development
- Preparation of year end and management accounts for sole traders, partnership and limited companies
- Preparation of tax computations and returns for individuals and companies using tax software and HMRC online software
- Using client's SAGE 50/ Xero/ Quickbooks accounting software to prepare year end and management accounts
- Where needed, bookkeeping for clients using SAGE 50/ Xero/ Quickbooks accounting software. Sometimes at the clients premises.
- Ability to process weekly, fortnightly, 4 weekly and monthly payroll for a portfolio of clients, to include new start/ leaver procedures, SSP, SMP and pension auto enrolment
- Providing clients and their staff with payslips and month end payroll reports
- Monthly CIS returns for clients within the construction industry, to include subcontractor verification procedures
- Reconciliations of CIS tax deducted from income for clients within the construction industry and notifications to HMRC
- Providing contractor clients and their subcontractors with month end PDS's and other reports
- Reconciliations of PAYE and CIS tax payments against HMRC records
- Using BrightPay payroll software to process payroll and CIS returns
- Running reports from BrightPay for other team members when required
- VAT returns, including EC sales and Interstat accounts
- Ensuring client deadlines and expectations are met
- Answering the telephone where necessary
- Daily document filing and postage
- Other ad hoc tasks of an administrative nature and helping the team if necessary in busy period
- Accountant technician qualification or part qualified.
- Previous practice experience preferred
Hours of Work:
- Can vary depending on part time or full time hours
- Can be negotiated but will range between £23k - £25k
Job Type- Full time, Permanent
If you are interested in the above position please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those successful applicants.