Temporary Assistant Community Development Officers required for a large public sector client based in Belfast.
Rate of Pay: £10.41 per hour
Location: Various locations in Belfast
Hours: 24 hours per week
Duration: 3 months pending review
- To assist the Community Development Officer in the development and delivery of community support plan strategies and corporate objectives by means of a team approach
- To observe any pertinent legislation (Children's Order or other relevant legislation) and advise groups of their responsibilities under legislation
- To recruit, train and develop volunteers from within the community and coordinate and supervise the activities of volunteers
- To assist the Community Development Officer to develop the community centre programme and to ensure the programme reflects the needs of the community
- To provide administrative support to centre committees and prepare reports and relevant administration
- To ensure the necessary information, materials and resources are made available to groups
- To organise and support special programmes, including appropriate cash handling for projects, festivals and events, (including seasonal play schemes) and the management of seasonal and temporary staff
- To initiate and support local community groups and to manage and deliver training to community groups, ensuring the use of best practice processes
- To develop and maintain regular contact and good working relationships with appropriate statutory and voluntary agencies and represent community services on committees
- To identify funding sources and assist to secure funding for groups
- Within the post holder's sphere of responsibility, ensure the health and safety of all personnel present in the centre at any given time
- To contribute to the work of the service by participating in working and consultative groups
- To promote good practice and provide relevant quality information to the public
- To attend management meetings and planning and supervision sessions as required
- To represent, and where agreed to deputise for the Community Development Officer as appropriate, within the post holder's sphere of responsibility
- At least one year's relevant experience, gained in the workplace, of:
- organising and developing community development programmes of activities; and
- supporting and supervising volunteers
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Access NI Disclosure check at £33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.