Staffline are proud to be working in partnership with Macklin Care Homes recruiting for Assistant Cooks throughout Northern Ireland, specifically in the Ballycastle and Magherafelt areas
Macklin Care Homes are proud of their values and unique positive culture that is lived each and every day. This is reflective of relationships with residents, their relatives, suppliers and the local community.
The Macklin Group promote a culture of working as one team, using their knowledge and expertise to continually excel and improve the standards of care for our residents.
The Macklin Group require an Assistant Cook to assist with the preparation, cooking and delivery of wholesome and nutritious meals to all residents
Previous experience in a similar position
- Previous cooking experience
- Ability to communicate with the elderly
- Ability to work set hours, flexible to meet the needs of the organisation
- Good General Health (medically fit)
- Previous management experience
- Moving and handling of heavy weights
- Food Hygiene & COSHH training
To assist with preparation and delivery of wholesome and nutritious meals to all residents.
- Proactively manage the kitchen staff to ensure meals of a high standard are produced at all times within the Home.
- Responsible for the preparation, cooking and serving of meals for residents.
- Ensure food is appropriately managed with regard to checking on arrival for quantity, quality and use by date. Liaise with Cook if any problems.
- Ensure food is stored appropriately and stock rotation carried out. Inform Cook of any problems.
- Ensure appropriate waste disposal of used foods and bags/bins emptied daily.
- Maintain high standard of hygiene in kitchen and store with records of cleaning maintained.
- Ensure meals served as attractively as possible in presentation. Liaise with Cook to assist with serving.
- Liaise with Nursing Staff to ensure prompt serving of meals.
- Co-operate with all kitchen staff to ensure rota is adequately covered.
- Continues the Company's policy of being polite and courteous to all suppliers, doctors, pharmacists, external medical staff, patient's relatives and friends, religious practitioners and the Northern Health Board Nursing Home Inspection Unit Team.
- Continually updates oneself on current procedures through the use of literature available in the Home and attends internal and external courses when requested by the Cook/Head Cook.
- Adheres to all COSHH regulations and is compliant with the Company's Health and Safety, infection control Hygiene and Fire Prevention Procedures.
- Adheres to the fire and accident prevention policy of the Home.
- Takes responsibility for the protection of vulnerable adults and reports to management where they consider a person has caused harm or posed risk of harm to any patients
- Observes confidentiality at all times.
- In the absence of the Cook, responsible for the preparation, cooking and serving of meals for residents.
- Ensures the economic use of all supplies and equipment. Maintaining all these resources in a satisfactory condition and reporting any faults/breakages.
- Completes and maintains relevant paperwork.
- Reports all accidents, complaints and defects in equipment to the Cook/Head Cook.
- Ensures the safe keeping of patient's belongings and valuables in accordance with the Home policy.
- Does not accept gifts from patients or witness a patient's will.
- Notify Cook/Head Cook of any illness or skin condition which may affect your work.
- Is fully conversant and compliant with fire prevention and evacuation procedures.
- Is fully conversant and compliant with the Company's Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Is fully conversant and compliant with all Company's personnel/HR policies.
- Commitment to The Macklin Care Homes Mission, Vision and Core Value
- Ability to deliver a high standard of patient care
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Ability to communicate and listen, ability to work co-operatively with other staff
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative
- High standard of personal presentation
- Attention to detail
To discuss this role confidentially please do not hesitate to contact Grace Fleming on 028 2564 2699 or email firstname.lastname@example.org