Assistant Digital Anaylst
Temporary Assistant Digital Analyst required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £11.50 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday (08:30-17:00)
Duration: 3 months pending review
The focus of this temporary assignment is primarily in the area of Desktop and Networking Support. The role is to assist with the rollout of upgrades to the council's network and desktop equipment, and includes driving the assigned council vehicle (alone, in order to ensure personal safety in relation to the ongoing situation with Covid-19 (Coronavirus)) to the various remote sites.
- To patch, test and troubleshoot equipment being connected to a corporate network and check configuration in Active Directory
- To transport IT equipment to remote council sites across Belfast using the assigned vehicle.
- To install and configure new IT equipment. Use of command prompts to check IP configuration.
- To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems across a range of software applications.
- To coordinate and arrange visits to each site and organise access when required.
- To clearly communicate and provide regular updates to line manager about daily work
- Undertake work in one or more of the following areas:-
- Desktop support;
- Network administration and support;
- Service desk support;
- Software development;
- Package acquisition and implementation;
- Post implementation support; and
- System configuration and security.
- Contribute to or draw up work plans for assigned work as directed.
- Keep detailed records of own time and assist with performance monitoring and targeting to ensure the delivery of work to quality, time and budget.
- Develop skills in planning, designing, preparing and producing documentation to support the promotion, use and maintenance of information systems.
- Develop and maintain information systems skills and knowledge.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with organisational standards and procedures.
- Assist customers with IS/IT needs at a wide variety of remote sites across the city.
- To participate as directed in the selection interview procedure.
- To act in accordance with the client and departmental policies and procedures including customer care; equal opportunities; health and safety; safeguarding and any pertinent legislation.
- To participate in all induction and in-service training provided and in the induction and support of all newly appointed staff and other human resource management procedures as appropriate.
- A full, current driving licence which enables candidate to drive in Northern Ireland
- 5 GCSEs (Grade A-C) including English, or equivalent qualifications
- Be able to demonstrate by giving specific examples of one year's relevant experience in an ICT role
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.