Assistant Legal Advisor
Role: BESL / Assistant Legal Advisor
Rate of Pay: £20.66 - £27.04
Location: Bedford Square, Belfast
Duration: 31st March 2022
Hours: 37hrs per week
Summary of Role:
The post holder will report directly to the Invest NI In-House Legal Advisor and will assist in the provision of legal services to Invest NI. The Assistant Legal Advisor will support and complement the existing provision of legal services in Invest NI dealing with corporate and commercial law issues. The role will involve regular interaction and engagement with Invest NI staff, liaising with external lawyers and clients when necessary.
The key responsibilities of the post include:
- Reviewing and drafting a range of commercial contracts
- Providing accurate and timely legal advice internally to Invest NI on corporate and commercial matters
- Analysing and interpreting information and providing evidence based conclusions to inform decisions
- Updating legal precedents and associated guidance
- Providing high quality ad-hoc advice, support and insight on current legal issues
- Assisting in managing the external legal services framework including quality assuring advice received to ensure value for money is achieved for the legal services budget
- Leading the preparation of briefings, presentations and papers on relevant legal issues
- Deputising for the Legal Advisor on occasion where appropriate.
Specific experience required:
- Qualified Solicitor, qualified to practice in Northern Ireland, and hold a valid practising certificate;
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience of providing corporate commercial legal advice on complex matters to public or private sector organisations; including reviewing and drafting commercial contracts;
- Practical experience of providing comprehensive, accurate and relevant advice to clients in relation to corporate and commercial law within tight time frames;
- Experience of developing and maintaining trust in senior internal and external customer focused relationships and influencing outcomes through the use of excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Experience of effectively managing multiple competing projects/initiatives simultaneously ensuring that tight deadlines and customer requirements are met.
- An understanding of public sector governance and compliance requirements;
Experience in instructing and managing external service providers;
Experience of working in or with a public body;
Experience working as an In-House Solicitor
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Kim Martin will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**