Assistant Management Accountant
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The post holder will assist the Management Accountant with the operational activities for the following areas: -
- Setting annual rates
- Computerised financial systems
- Banking, incomes and payments management
- Management information and budgetary control
- Payroll accounting
- Reconciliation of management and year end accounts
Assist the Management Accountant in planning and implementing a high quality service to meet the needs of the organisation, its customers, its internal policies and relevant legislation and regulations.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Service Delivery
- Assist with the preparation of the Council's revenue and capital estimates to enable the Council to agree spending plans and strike the district rate within the statutory framework.
- Provide relevant expenditure and income reports and analysis at various levels of detail to assist Officers in the rates refinement process.
- Attend all rates estimate meetings with senior officers and budget holders.
Management Accounts and Budgetary Control
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant management information to Officers.
- Assist the Management Accountant with the maintenance and development of Council's codified accounting system. Development of this should be done in conjunction with the financial accounting section of council to ensure timely production of year-end financial statements and schedules.
- Liaise with budget holders to provide impartial advice to enable them to understand the financial information produced and effect improved budgetary control.
- Carry out financial projects and assignments as required by the Management Accountant. Ensuring the accounting system is capable of supplying the needs of the budget holder whilst being mindful of financial reporting requirements.
- Assist the Management Accountant in the Implementation of additional Modules to enhance the suite of Finance software, the project planning and implementation of additional financial modules or upgrades of existing software.
- Ensure that controls and procedures are implemented on finance systems in all trading units of the organisation as appropriate to ensure highest level of governance.
- Hold a professional qualification with a recognised accountancy body (CCAB or CIMA) (CCAB includes ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, ICAS, ICAI
- Be part qualified and demonstrate that they currently hold at least 50% of the qualification (which we be achieved no later than 3 years from date of appointment)
- Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples that they have THREE ( 5 years if you fall under Part Qualified) years experience in a finance function to include 2 of 3 following areas :-
- Successful preparation of a budget setting process and provision of high quality budgetary information
- Provision of timely, accurate management information to managers for decision making purposes
- Experience of proactively managing financial controls to the highest level of governance
- An understanding of the legislative framework governing the work of the department
- An understanding of the main issues and developments impacting on service delivery within the service portfolio
- A clear understanding of the workings of the public sector and the wider environment and political context in which it operates
- Hold a full current driving license
Temporary ongoing full time role 37hrs per week £17.06 per hour
Please forward cv to firstname.lastname@example.org closing date Friday 6th November